Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2015, 10:59 PM   #1

2015 Jayco X20E: Good deal or not?

Hi y'all...shopping around for our first hybrid. Is $18,500 (not inc. taxes) a good deal? Thanks in advance.

~the chief's wife
Chiefsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:09 PM   #2

What is the MSRP it would help if we knew.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:26 AM   #3

If it makes you feel better, we special ordered and paid significantly more but I believe we piled on just about every upgrade. If Jayco offered a 10 person jacuzzi, the Big Guy would have ordered it.

We really fell in love with the x23b, but it was too heavy for our tow vehicle and it felt a little long/big for us. the 20e has almost the same interior with the excess length mostly taken out of the galley area. This was a no brainer for us as we really don't cook and no one wants to do dishes. The slide seems almost magical in the floor area that it adds when deployed and it is a cinch for us to load our bikes inside the trailer.

We are making many fine and some hilarious memories. First time pulling it out of its "camper cave" we managed to take out part of the 14' door; first boondocking experience ever, we arrived at site in dark, no lights, on a fairly steep dirt site, and it was 37 degrees when we arrived. We perched the TT on the slope, prayed that the burners would light so we could heat water and then settled for a big bottle of vodka and laughed ourselves silly when our lynx levelers (the orange patties) were last seen winging their way off the cliff edge next to us.

We are definitely urban cowboys and probably way off the age scale for being newbies, but love the adventure of it all.

Enjoy!
Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyup View Post
If it makes you feel better, we special ordered and paid significantly more but I believe we piled on just about every upgrade. If Jayco offered a 10 person jacuzzi, the Big Guy would have ordered it.

We really fell in love with the x23b, but it was too heavy for our tow vehicle and it felt a little long/big for us. the 20e has almost the same interior with the excess length mostly taken out of the galley area. This was a no brainer for us as we really don't cook and no one wants to do dishes. The slide seems almost magical in the floor area that it adds when deployed and it is a cinch for us to load our bikes inside the trailer.

We are making many fine and some hilarious memories. First time pulling it out of its "camper cave" we managed to take out part of the 14' door; first boondocking experience ever, we arrived at site in dark, no lights, on a fairly steep dirt site, and it was 37 degrees when we arrived. We perched the TT on the slope, prayed that the burners would light so we could heat water and then settled for a big bottle of vodka and laughed ourselves silly when our lynx levelers (the orange patties) were last seen winging their way off the cliff edge next to us.

We are definitely urban cowboys and probably way off the age scale for being newbies, but love the adventure of it all.

Enjoy!
Now that's a very funny post and I hope we get a lucky chance to camp next to you sometime.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:14 AM   #5

Tunce - At least we are on the same coast, so you never know . . . with the possible exception of some full timers, the rest of us are supposedly doing this for fun, so we try to keep everything in perspective. I call our TT ownership our "poor man's yoga studio". We are so much better at crouching; crawling; wriggling; squirming; etc from all the time we spend under the TT, hitch or TV looking up at something and wondering "what the hell was that noise"? We had never even rented a TT before buying one, so we really are newbies.

If you are headed to SoCal, let us know. We have not ventured far because Homer the Beagle (from Hell) is evidently gaining weight at a rate that is limiting our ability to tow for long distances. Well, at least that is our working theory, because SOMEONE or something is adding weight and the dog is the only one who might confess to being the problem.

For our 2015 purchase, we are eying something about the size of a Peterbilt for our next TV and then there will be no stopping us . . .

Hope to see you around and thanks for the comment.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:54 AM   #6

We do the California coast yearly and go as far as Pismo Beach. This year we would like to go inland a bit so let you know the plan is when we get the family out of the way. They visit from LA each year at Pismo.
Wife said I'm making the dog fat but you know that's not true.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:19 PM   #7

To me that is alot of $$$$ for a hybrid but looking at the same place I bought my 28BHBE at the price is right inline with mine, here is a link to the dealer I went thru X20E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsou View Post
Hi y'all...shopping around for our first hybrid. Is $18,500 (not inc. taxes) a good deal? Thanks in advance.

~the chief's wife
1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #8

Also, I believe that the shipping charge is higher for those of us who are farthest from the plant. Good luck. Either way, you are going to love your x20e.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:37 AM   #9

Good depending on what's prevailing in your area and the time of year. Both have a bit to do with price negotiations. We bought ours in May of 2013, right at the beginning of the season here, so we didn't get that much of a discount, we paid a little more than your price. If we had bought in the winter or right after the show, we probably would have saved another $2k but our circumstances didn't allow us to buy earlier, and we didn't want to wait another year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyup View Post
Either way, you are going to love your x20e.
X2!

Take a look at my drawer mod. The lack of a drawer is one of our few peeves about the X20E.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ghlight=drawer
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #10

Going price for the X20E up here is in the neighborhood of $24 - 26K Canadian. You can do the conversion.

I bought my 1 year old 2013 X20E for $18500. the 2014 on the lot at the time was $24500. Again this is Canadian Currency.

Your price seems in line with a deal.
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:30 PM   #11

Well I just bought a 2015 x23b for $18500. That also included all options except the upgraded 15k ac, underbelly insulation, and 3"lift. We do have the mattress heaters, outdoor stove, power package. I didn't buy at a show but my local dealer who matched the show price I had and added all the upgrades plus extra dealer services. Hope this helps. Can't wait to use it. I left it winterized from the factory. Picked it up mid November. Good luck and shop around.
Clubfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #12

Based on what I'm paying for the 17Z, sounds like a pretty good price.
powhatanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #13

RV Trader has 22 listed and the cheapest is $18,868. http://www.rvtrader.com/New-and-Used...year=2015%3A*&
Old 01-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #14

2 years ago at an rv show I seen them priced for 16,500.00 don't remember the options. Do you have an rv show coming to your area? Check out the prices there, they seem to have very good prices. That will tell you if 18500 is a good price. If I remember right when I went to the dealer after the show in the spring he was 18000 and told me he could not get close to the show prices. If your tow vehicle can handle towing a x23b check them out too. Very similar layout but has larger fridge and freezer with more storage. I really wanted the x20e but the wife talked me into the x23b and I am glad she did. We are a family of 4. If it were just the two of use I would say x20e would've worked just fine. Good luck you'll love the trailer once you get it.
05 f150 5.4 v8 (sold)
nwminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #15

I have a 2011 X23J we bought in 2012 for $15900.
I do have a question for all the hybrid owners....whenever I am camping in the winter we are getting a LOT of condensation on the inside of the canvas and also inside the cabinets....any suggestions?
bandf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #16

2015 Jayco X20E: Good deal or not?

First, thank you all for your replies. We were thinking it was not a bad deal but we ran into one major problem. It's almost embarrassing to admit it but here it goes: the stupid trailer won't fit through the door! We forgot to measure the shop's door!!! Duh!!! Inside, the shop is 25'. But the door measures about 118" and the trailer is 126". Not gonna happen! Soooo...currently we are debating between a Starcraft AR-ONE MAXX 19BH, which barely fits at 117" ( with a side-mounted A/C) or a Keystone Hideout 175LHS (roof A/C) which measures 116". Kills me... I really loved that x20. :-(

~the chief's wife
Old 01-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #17

Shop door? Inside storage? Is there no place outside you can keep it? Man, that's too bad. We love our X20E.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #18

I'm with Doc Brown - I'd look around for another place to keep it. They are that good.

Ours does fit in its "camper cave". But even with a good fit, one needs to ensure that the roll up door is ALL the way up before exiting. We just about took our AC unit off on our first trip. You would not believe how big a noise that danged thing made.

Luckily, the hard collision made the door spring upward so we didn't disengage anything. We do, however, have a nice bend along the bottom edge of the door.

I doubt that you can do anything that hasn't already been done by people on these forums . . . including realizing the TT won't fit until AFTER you drag it home.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:12 PM   #19

The shop is the only place we have to store it. Don't want to pay for outside storage. Sucks! But on the bright side at least it'll be protected from the Fl sun; and we can work on it in the shade.

~the chief's wife
Old 02-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsou View Post
The shop is the only place we have to store it. Don't want to pay for outside storage. Sucks! But on the bright side at least it'll be protected from the Fl sun; and we can work on it in the shade.

~the chief's wife
Pull the AC cover and let the air out of the tires, move it into the shop.
I've read a few times some good advice that essentially said "Buy your second trailer first". Sometimes settling isn't worth it.
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote