Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #1

2015 X19 H front bunk door replacement

Has anyone had the front bunk door replaced? If so what was the cost? Mine is delaminating up about 1 foot from the bottom. I tried to deal with it through Jayco as it is so new to see if they would help me with the price. Not looking for free but i was hoping they would at least sell for cost plus shipping. No luck!! They only sell to dealers. I'm really not happy that a 3 year old camper would have an issue like this so soon.
Capecodstriper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:32 PM   #2

Mine is doing it too - about 3 years now. Honestly, as long as it is still structurally sound I wouldn't worry about it.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #3

There was a post here a while back where a member had theirs replaced. I do remember being surprised at how reasonable the price was, just a couple hundred IIRC.

If you have a good dealer, they might be able to work with you on the cost if they are doing the work. My dealer has also cut shipping costs by having Jayco send a large part (axle in my case) inside a new trailer being delivered.

ETA: Okay, memory may be getting faulty with age. Tried searching a few different ways for the the thread I recall seeing, but no luck. Maybe I just dreamt it?
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #4

Have you asked a dealer if they can get it for you?
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #5

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
There was a post here a while back where a member had theirs replaced. I do remember being surprised at how reasonable the price was, just a couple hundred IIRC.

ETA: Okay, memory may be getting faulty with age. Tried searching a few different ways for the the thread I recall seeing, but no luck. Maybe I just dreamt it?
I am now searching post for this myself. I remember it as well and if I remember correctly it was in the $300-$500 range. I need a new front bunk (or do all the work myself which I'd like to avoid after doing ceiling/roof and floor - what a $$$ pit this thing has become).
If anybody else remembers it could you post a link? If I find it I will add it to this thread as well.

This is the only thing I could find going back to 2013...
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ion-57444.html

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 10-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #6

OUCH!!!

So I called Jayco and got the part number: 0202795. Next called our local dealer for pricing. Door only, before tax and freight: $560.
Guess I'll be ripping the current on apart and fixing it for less than $200. The interior wall paper won't match but that is definitely something I can live with.

I found why mine is doing it. On the outside there is the metal piece that goes the perimeter of the door. The seal/gasket has failed allowing watch to penetrate through the bottom seam. The water then wicks into the wood (on mine from bottom up) rotting as it goes. It has gotten so bad the water just runs in and onto the shelf - which is now swollen and rotting. From here it will just run down and onto the floor. You see where this is going.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 10-17-2018, 11:12 PM   #7

Reading this i know exactly what you are dealing with. I called the local Jayco dealer today to get a quote on the bunk end doors. I hope to hear from them tomorrow on the price. I just bought my camper and thought i payed good attention to the floor when i walked on it but its clear now i did not.

jwrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:16 AM   #8

Yeah, that's not good. I did a complete roof and a partial floor replacement. Here is the link to the floor if you need it. Let me know if the pics work or not and if needed I can email the entire thing over so you can see the pictures. Only thing I do not like is that it still flexes where I did the replacement. If I did it again I would find a way to run a piece of metal up the middle and attach it to the cross members.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post568817

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 10-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #9

I called my local Jayco dealer today about the bunkend doors and they want 850 for the front and 1100 for the rear. They said the rear is no longer made by Jayco and is sourced out thats why it was so much. Going to call another dealer and see what they quote me.
jwrigley is offline   Reply With Quote