Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2023, 12:12 PM   #1

Angry 2015 x23b

I went and got my tools and started to take the dinette framing out so I could get a better look and the entire from wall is soaked and covered in mold. I knew there might be some small water leaks because the lap sealant on the roof was cracked (Eternabonded now), but I was not expecting this which caused us to dig in even more the front bunk is partially rotted out there's water damage in the rear from the bunk, I have not taken out the cover in the back yet to check the empty space where the converter is yet but I’m going to say the Dealer Screwed us.

I sent the dealer pictures and got this response:

“Hey TheMageLives, sorry that this has happened, we did inspect and check it out as we do all units, however, we did not see any of this damage upon inspection. There has been a ton of rain lately and it very well could have happened recently, its hard to tell from the pictures. All used units are sold AS IS, with no warranty and no guarantees and, (Miss TheMageLives) signed off on it. I do not mean to be hard or non-supportive about it, but that is the case with used units. But, my GM is Jayson and he said he would have service take a look at it to see the extent of the damage, we will not be able to offer this as a free service, but we will work fairly with you on it. Would you like to schedule it in for our techs to inspect? Reps name.”

I’m sorry but the damage I’m seeing is not from a few days of hard rain. We are not sure what to do at the moment. Here are a few pictures we took last night and when i get off work I'll upload some more.
Attached Thumbnails
20230308_194802.jpg   20230308_194809.jpg   20230308_194812.jpg   IMG_0482.jpg   IMG_0483.jpg  

IMG_0484.jpg   IMG_0485.jpg   IMG_0486.jpg   IMG_0487.jpg   IMG_0488.jpg  

Old 03-09-2023, 12:13 PM   #2

More Photos
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0489.jpg   IMG_0490.jpg   IMG_0491.jpg   IMG_0492.jpg   IMG_0493.jpg  

Old 03-13-2023, 03:44 PM   #3

Quick update the dealership is saying its sold as is, we have found more issues. I will take more pictures later tonight. Rv tech buddie said that we are going to need to do a complete Mold remediation and structural repairs, Which I noticed myself before he looked at it. cost of repairs is estimated at the 10k mark and i only paid 13k for the damn thing. We have contacted our insurance company to see what they can do since we have only owned if for 2.5 weeks.
Old 03-13-2023, 04:26 PM   #4

That is a bummer. Check your sales records closely for any loop holes.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 05:48 PM   #5

For the amount of money involved, I would personally spend 300 and take every scrap of paper from the dealer to a consumer protection lawyer in your state.

2021 GMC half ton T/V
2022 Jayfeather 25RB
Anderson WDH
Markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 05:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMageLives View Post
Quick update the dealership is saying its sold as is.
Over the years I've purchased 3 used units for my kids and that is what the paperwork said every time.
Old 03-13-2023, 07:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markb5900 View Post
For the amount of money involved, I would personally spend 300 and take every scrap of paper from the dealer to a consumer protection lawyer in your state.
I talked to a lawyer today and she has another case against this dealership, a couple bought an 5th wheel, took it in for warranty repairs few weeks later and 1.5 years later they still have not returned the trailer to the owners. The dealer never returned calls, or paperwork etc. She said go make sure you get everything in writing from this dealership because they are liars and crooks. The dealer wants me to drop off the trailer so they can "Look at it" after hearing what the attorney said I not leaning it there unless they cancel the sale, because knowing my luck I'll never see the thing again. She actually said that the Ohio attorney general's office has 10 cases against them. (Ohio Consumers Protection Act), and to file a claim with their office. If that doesn't go anywhere she will take the case but warned me this stealership will drag it out for a min of a year.

I've also reached out to my insurance company (Cincinnati) about possibly filing a claim and letting them go after the dealership....

I wish I could name the dealership since they have so many issues but I won't, all I'll say is that chain was just bought out by a bigger chain out of Fort Lauderdale last year and now they are changing there name ( new chain name).

I didn't get a chance to take new pictures today it started snowing pretty good. All melted now LOL. Anyways once I have more news I will update everyone.

TheMage
Old 03-16-2023, 09:24 PM   #8

Was any of this damage evident before you started taking things apart? Just like a home inspection, an RV inspection can only catch what is evident in visible areas. They don't take things apart.

That said, was there any delamination evident on the front? I would expect with that much damage that the walls would be delaminating, and that would be evident to the naked eye. If there was delam, and you have sales pictures that shows this, you would probably have some pretty good evidence that they should have known.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:17 PM   #9

The delamination was evident when you looked in the storage compartment and elsewhere we just didn't notice it until we got home and started prepping it.

Update:
I was able to get ahold of the VP for the Ohio region and they are taking the camper back and putting us in a brand new 2022 KZ Sportsman Classic 16rbt ( Hybrid). wanted to stick with a jayco but the time frame they gave us to repair it for free was 8 months min, and jayco isnt making hybrids at the moment.

I dont want to start a bashing war but serious question how good are the KZ sportman classic's?
Old 03-22-2023, 12:48 PM   #10

KZ has some very good lines - or at least used to six years back when we were seriously looking. They had a nice hybrid bunkhouse with front hybrid bed. When compared with Jayco and others, the KZ scrimped on things like tank size and construction material. I would consider KZ, but as with any trailer, I would go over it with a fine-tooth comb - every square inch, inside and out - in cabinets, in basements, the underbody, the roof, all seams and seals - everything. One thing every trailer has in common is a salesman you can't trust any further than you could throw him. Like the ubiquitous, "Oh sure! You could tow this with that!"
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mildew, mold