Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2024, 01:58 PM   #1

2017 Jayce Jayfeather canvas replacement

Hi!! Just wondering if anyone has any advice replacing their canvas pop outs. Difficultly? Issues? Able to do yourself? I canít find any helpful videos online. Itís a project Iím very nervous to undertake. Thank you so much for any advice.
Brandy1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 02:47 PM   #2

Here's a video for a JAYCO KIWI replacement.

Old 06-17-2024, 08:38 PM   #3

I have a 2010 Jay Feather and I had to remove the canvas to have an upholstery place restitch all the seams and it was not bad to remove the canvas, it took about 2 hours for my son and I to do it. The video above does not show the way the canvas was attached on mine. There is a vinyl (plastic) strip attaching the canvas to the door frame on the inside of the trailer. there is a few screws holding the vinyl strip on plus there is a metal strap held on by screws (see picture below). The vinyl (plastic) strip clips onto the frame and the screws only hold the vinyl (plastic) strip in place. After the canvas is removed from the frame then remove the screws from the bed (door). Mine had a couple dozen screws some with Phillips screw heads and some had square #2 heads. I will grab a few pictures tomorrow. The vinyl strip is very fragile and breaks easily and as far as I can tell is not available as a replacement item.

See this thread

Moderator's Note: This post was placed in moderation because the link below takes you to a thread created in 11-25-2018. While the posts contained in it are most likely, still relative to the topic, some, or all of the information may no longer apply. Therefore, careful consideration should be made when using this thread as a reference.

The moderation has been removed to permit access to the link.

Frank (FPM III)
JOF Site Team Moderator

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ent-63117.html
Tadsher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canvas replacement