Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #1

Any 19XUD owners?

We are looking for a trailer under 22 feet that will sleep lots of people. This 19xud seems like a good possibility. Appreciate any feedback on this model from other owners.
Pros cons etc
Jayh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #2

I'm not an owner of that particular model but welcome to the forum!!
Old 07-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #3

Had one on the lot when we bought our X23B, looked nice but it is about a foot more narrow on width compared to some of the other models. We needed the extra space on the bunks so we went with the 23B.
Good Luck
Old 07-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #4

It's only 85" outside width almost all others are 96" outside width. Live in both sizes for about an hour(in the rain or bad weather) with lots of people as you say. Or just 4 and see how many come out after that hour.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #5

19xud

All good commentary, and valid. Most of the time will just be less than five. Many times only two people.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #6

Never noticed this model before. 85" seems pretty narrow. If you look at the bunk sizes, they are only 70" long and there is no room to hang your feet off with the tent ends (I lived this, being 6'2" and having the 19H for 5 seasons).

You'll definitely want to give it a good test on the dealer's lot.

I like the floor plan tho! U-shaped dinette is a nice feature.

Derek

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
2012 F150 EcoBoost MaxTow (2022 F150 PowerBoost on order)
Reese 1200 WDH / Dual Cam Sway Control
dmward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #7

Just bought one myself! Pick it up saturday!
dnmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #8

19xud

Did you actually get to see the 19, or did you just order based on the floor plan?
Old 07-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #9

If you plan on boon docking remember your Black Water Capacity is only 9 gal. The bunk size is 60x70 in that model and I think the standard size in the others is 60x78. I'm only 5'-8" tall and with my pillow that 78" leaves me just a little extra room and Tunces needs a little room too!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #10

I got to walk through it..here it is

http://www.rcdpataskala.com/default....%20trailer&d=A
Old 07-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #11

How tall are you? Also I am assuming the 70 inches runs the width of the camper correct? Thank you for all your input.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #12

How tall are you? I'm guessing from looking at the pictures of the dinette will convert into a bed longer than 70 inches? Also are the bunks 70 inches wide along the width of the trailer or is it the other way?
Thanks again!
Old 07-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #13

Try this link for all the specs
http://www.jayco.com/products/travel...lx/floorplans/

shows 60X70
Old 07-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #14

I like the sofa with the end tables on each side now that would come in real handy every day. I have no place to set down my cold(ha ha) soft drink.
Now get out and enjoy it cause summer just started.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #15

My wife and I are short, Im 5'7 and shes shorter than I am so it shouldnt be a problem for us
Old 07-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #16

Surely someone on here has one. Please let me know what you think.
J
Old 07-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #17

We have the 19XUD

Jay,

We bought a 19XUD back in April and just got back from our 4th trip in it and we love it! We are a family of 5 - myself, wife, daughter (9) and twin boys (6). It comfortably sleeps all of us and easily room for 1 or 2 more. A couple of things to note:

-I am 5'11" and the bed is just long enough for me with an inch or two to spare so anyone a couple inches taller would be touching on each end.

-The wife and I have feel asleep watching tv on the sofa when it's down as a bed, so it's definitely an option too.

-The black tank is only 9 gallons and the gray is 15, so you can fill them both very easily in a day, especially with kids if you don't keep an eye on them flushing. After the first trip, we bought a Thetford SmartTote LX (the one with 3 wheels and handle- the handle fits onto your hitch and you can tow it to the dump station) 27 gallon portable tank. The black and gray tanks are 24 gallons if both are full, so you can fill them both and them dump them both without worrying about overfilling the portable tank and having a mess on your hands. This past weekend, after emptying the gray tank, all five of us took showers and the gray tank was only 1/3 full afterwards, but it was a typical quick camp shower & no hair washing.

-There is room for a tv over the refrigerator - we were able to fit and 22" LCDTV/DVD Combo with a couple of inches to spare. I use a bunge cord to hold it in place and take it down while traveling/storing.

-This is our first camper and we chose it because of the lightweight and smaller size for towing. We tow it with a 2010 V-8 Ford Explorer, standard hitch and Curt sway bar. I have a brake controller, but have not had it installed yet as it needs additional wiring and I just haven't had time to go get it done. We have not had any problems towing or braking. I pulled it home on the expressway 1hr long trip 65mph no problem. Our longest trip has been 2.5 hours, state highways and 2-lane road with no issues.

We also wanted something that was big enough to be comfortable in, but not too comfortable that the kids would just want to sit inside all day.

Overall, it's a good starter camper in my opinion and a good option if you don't have a big truck or SUV. The size of the tanks are the only negative so far, but if you don't mind using the portable tank or bathhouses, this won't be a terrible issue. If you have any other specific questions, just ask I'll try to answer.
bobbyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #18

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your time to give such a great description. I am assuming the dinette bed actually will be longer than 70 inches based on the floor plan? My goal is small, light with flexibility for 2-6 people with only two of us at 72 inches tall. Guessing I could sleep at dinette if longer or at a slight diagonal on a bunk. Also the debate of upgrading to the 15k AC...is yours wired for park cable?
Thank you very much!?
Old 07-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #19

Yes, the dinette bed is longer than 72", but I would have to measure to say exact. I did lay down on it this weekend and stretch out and my feet didn't touch. I believe the sofa is 72". It is wired for park cable. Ours came with the 13.5K air and it keeps it very cool inside, but you do have to keep it running all of the time. I keep my house a/c at 72, so that should give you reference of what I think is cool.
bobbyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #20

I am curious about the U shaped dinette being right in front of the bunk. How much of n issue/hassle is it to climb over the bench to get in the bunk end bed? Also, if the dinette is folded down and someone is sleeping there, do you have to climb over them to get in/out of the bunk end bed? We looked at some models with the U shaped dinette, but ended up steering clear for the questions I just ask. It probably isn’t as big a deal as I think it is.

Tags
ultra lite slx 19xud