Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2018, 01:03 PM   #1

Black tank sensor

2018 19XUD
My black water sensor will not show FULL at the control panel. No higher than 2/3. The full LED lights up for battery, grey and fresh water. So it's not the LED.
I replaced the small 5 wire red electronic component that wires to the probes. Removed and reinstalled the full probe.
It a KIB brand.
What do I do next?
Yes its under warranty. But trying to avoid taking it to the dealer end not seeing it again for 3 months.
Jimb317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #2

Hear ye, hear ye!!! THE SENSORS DON'T WORK AND ARE NOT RELIABLE. There is nothing you can do to make the type sensors pretty much used by all manufacturers give an accurate reading.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
Site Team

Agree, just pretend they don't exist and if you want accurate ones, buy after market.
You will quickly find that you can estimate how long you can go before needing to dump black and grey and that will be way more accurate than the oe sensors can ever hope to be after the first use.

Your dealer will have a good laugh if you bring it in for that.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #4

You right. I wouldn't take it for the sensors only. Lol.
Jimb317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #5

Chirping black tank alarm?

I believe my black tank filled and triggered an alarm that sounded like a one-note cricket. It continued until the tank was drained. I did not know there was an alarm. Anyone else have this? (2015 JayFlight 195RB Baja).
Kate Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:09 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Camp View Post
I believe my black tank filled and triggered an alarm that sounded like a one-note cricket. It continued until the tank was drained. I did not know there was an alarm. Anyone else have this? (2015 JayFlight 195RB Baja).
Never heard of that or a one note cricket. LOL
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:14 PM   #7

Just stay with the sensors, when all else fails take a peak down the crapper! LOL
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb317 View Post
2018 19XUD

Yes its under warranty. But trying to avoid taking it to the dealer end not seeing it again for 3 months.
I heard that.....but have mixed feelings about that whole deal.

Jayco won't have to fix it, via the dealer. They get off the hook.
The dealer avoids a small job, time for a tech to look at it and a less than full pop labor rate for reimbursement to that dealer.

Seems Jayco might be counting on owners to fix the little stuff....stuff that was not caught by the dealer prior to delivery.
Hell of a way to do business if you ask me......put out a sloppy made product, with the cheapest parts available and let someone else down the line fix it.

Oh well......it's a catch 22 dilema.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:10 PM   #9

Could be as simple as the wire not connected to the top "sensor" bolt. If you can easily get at the tank on your trailer then you can check this. If the toilet drops straight to the tank (mine doesn't) you could use a dip stick to check levels
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnapper View Post
I heard that.....but have mixed feelings about that whole deal.

Jayco won't have to fix it, via the dealer. They get off the hook.
The dealer avoids a small job, time for a tech to look at it and a less than full pop labor rate for reimbursement to that dealer.

Seems Jayco might be counting on owners to fix the little stuff....stuff that was not caught by the dealer prior to delivery.
Hell of a way to do business if you ask me......put out a sloppy made product, with the cheapest parts available and let someone else down the line fix it.

Oh well......it's a catch 22 dilema.

Exactly red snapper you hit the nail on the head! Took us nearly 3 years to get all the warranty done on our 16 Eagle RSTS.That included a complete new roof.Jayco works on the wear down process.Dealers goal is once the camper leaves the lot they hope to never see you again, never! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
xxxcamper.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Exactly red snapper you hit the nail on the head! Took us nearly 3 years to get all the warranty done on our 16 Eagle RSTS.That included a complete new roof.Jayco works on the wear down process.Dealers goal is once the camper leaves the lot they hope to never see you again, never! Thanks
I would venture a wild guess that the reason one can't get in to a dealer in a reasonable time frame (not all of course) is the amount of comebacks they have to deal with by owners having to get this or that tweaked and repaired as a result of the construction process by manufacturers.

Each and every time I have tried to get a service appointment at my selling dealer......it's at least a month out.
I used to have an "in" with the service manager and while he was there, I got right in........no mas, he's gone.

A sensor issue may not stop a traveler from forgoing a trip in the meantime, but a spring, brake, frame or other useability issue certainly will.
And based on comments from owners, not only here on a Jayco site, but other "generic" RV boards, these problems are frequent and not just a one off deal.

Yet people keep buying all manners of RV's at a record pace.
If a new car dealer did this......the clamor from customers would drive them under.

Ramp it up to a catch 44