Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2017, 07:57 PM   #1

Blow out and floor inside is badly damaged

I had a blow out but with the dual axel I didn't know it. It was dark and had been raining. Plus it was my first time pulling it. When I got home I noticed the tire. When I opened the door I nearly passed out. The floor had a hill in it. Seriously it has come up at least 4 inches. It ripped the dinner table benches away from the wall. There are also a few weak feeling spots throughout but that is the worst. Surely a tire going down didn't do this. Could it have been when I pulled it up into my grandpas driveway. This is now my home so I need to know what to do. Thanks for anything you can help me with.
CombatMedic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #2

Sounds bad. What year and model?

It sounds like you will have to carefully unscrew the cabinets, to move them out of the way, then look at and address the floor damage. May need to crawl underneath and see what it looks like at the steel frame members. To determine is the floor just pushed up or fractured.

Some photos might help.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #3

Did the tire just go flat or did it come apart with strands of tire hanging off, if it came apart it will beat on the floor, siding and anything else in reach and destroy it.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:18 PM   #4

Tire

The tire shredded but is still on the wheel. But it's also on the opposite side of the door where the most damage is. I've had this thing 5 days and drove it less than 10 miles. I got it cheap but am starting to think there were things I wasn't told. It's a 2002 kiwi 25e. Also I'm a 100% disabled vet wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan and retired after 17 yrs. it was this Trailer or homelessness. But I can do certain things myself, in fact I will have to because I can't pay anyone else to do it. I will take pictures tomorrow.
CombatMedic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:58 PM   #5

I've seen the damage a blowout can do, that's why I don't understand why manufacturers don't all use steel wheel wells. I mean I know why (cost), but seriously twisted how they cut corners to make a dollar.
Sorry to hear this man, remember, it's just a box on wheels. You can fix it if you have the skills.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:30 PM   #6

Looking forward to the pictures, and I know I along with other forum members will do what we can to help you get it fixed, or at least make suggestions.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marcm157