Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #21

Here is a link to a fantastic blog which outlines how to fix the bunk ends on a hybrid. I found this when we upgraded the seals on our hybrid a few years back. Different brand trailer, but same basic idea, especially if you have a 2008.
There are step by step photos and even a list of instructions and parts.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10513...465?banner=pwa

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #22

Thank you for the pics!
Luv2camp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #23

How to install replacement seals

I know this thread has been dead for a while but I am hoping I can re-ignite with some discussion on how to replace the seals on a rear-bunk of a 2007 23B.

I have taken the advice of a previous poster and installed weather stripping around the bunk door lip which, when closed, presses up against the existing factory-installed white seals which are physically connected to the bunk opening. This seems to have worked as the last time it rained I did not get any water in my canvas or shelf area of the bunk.

Now that I have bought some time I was wondering if anyone has a "how to" on replacing the white seals around the bunk opening with genuine Jayco replacement seals? I am hoping its not difficult or too time consuming but I cannot figure out how to remove these seals just by inspecting them.

Thanks for any ideas!!!

Alex
ksas025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #24

I have a 2004 jayco eagle select 12HW popup no have noticed water damage on the backend and separation from the metal piece causing more water to enter. Any suggests on best repair tactic?

Thanks
Samsway17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #25

I am having the same problem on my 2012 X23B. The right side of the front bunk gets water in "ONLY" when it is closed. I have tried several of the suggests that have been posted on this site. They have helped but not stopped the problem.

I talked to a great dealer service rep today who actually explained what the problem might be. The hinges that lock the bed in place wear out and then don't put any pressure on the door seal. Sure enough when I got home and looked at mine the right front is very sloppy and isn't putting any pressure on the seal. Hope this works.

Found the hinge on line thanks to another post on this forum. The link is: Swivel Bar Assembly for Toy Hauler Cargo Horse Trailer Doors Vise/Bar Lock Arm

Let you know if it works.
Ernie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:28 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie85 View Post
I am having the same problem on my 2012 X23B. The right side of the front bunk gets water in "ONLY" when it is closed. I have tried several of the suggests that have been posted on this site. They have helped but not stopped the problem.

I talked to a great dealer service rep today who actually explained what the problem might be. The hinges that lock the bed in place wear out and then don't put any pressure on the door seal. Sure enough when I got home and looked at mine the right front is very sloppy and isn't putting any pressure on the seal. Hope this works.

Found the hinge on line thanks to another post on this forum. The link is: Swivel Bar Assembly for Toy Hauler Cargo Horse Trailer Doors Vise/Bar Lock Arm

Let you know if it works.
Thanks for the information on the new hinge. Did this end up fixing your issue? I have a 2011 X19H that has started to leak on the back bunk only when closed too.
kjstorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #27

Note that that part # does not include the pad. That pad is needed to put pressure on the door to hold it tight. Mine are in good shape but it's almost 6 years old now (mfg date of 12/2012). The glue for the pads is wearing off. I'm going to glue them back on with Gorilla Glue.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Note that that part # does not include the pad. That pad is needed to put pressure on the door to hold it tight. Mine are in good shape but it's almost 6 years old now (mfg date of 12/2012). The glue for the pads is wearing off. I'm going to glue them back on with Gorilla Glue.
It looks like that same site sells another version with a foam pad, but it looks different than what came on my camper. Does anyone have any experience using this version instead of the OEM version?

http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/LocksK.../SB-65007-9009
kjstorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #29

Just make sure if you order these you get the latch side as well. A lot of times they are not sold together.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjstorch View Post
Thanks for the information on the new hinge. Did this end up fixing your issue? I have a 2011 X19H that has started to leak on the back bunk only when closed too.

It helped a lot. I ended up adding an additional rubber seal along the inside of the original seal. I got the seal at Home Depot for about $10.

I actually used a couple of the "sample" laminated floor tiles that Home Depot gives away. This sample was made out of hard plastic with a rubber backing. It was the sample thickness as the original pads. I used a 2 part epoxy glue that dried in a 30 minutes. Seems to work great. Hope things work out for you.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:20 PM   #31

Check the weatherstripping as well. My doors couldn't be any tighter but they are still leaking when closed. I was able to get a temporary fix until I can locate a replacement weatherstrip solution.
I took the hose to it and had my wife inside. Along the top about 4" in from each side I have a leak - both front and rear doors. New latches won't help me there unless I have a total of 4 latches per door. What a pain that would be.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 10-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie85 View Post
It helped a lot. I ended up adding an additional rubber seal along the inside of the original seal. I got the seal at Home Depot for about $10.

I actually used a couple of the "sample" laminated floor tiles that Home Depot gives away. This sample was made out of hard plastic with a rubber backing. It was the sample thickness as the original pads. I used a 2 part epoxy glue that dried in a 30 minutes. Seems to work great. Hope things work out for you.
The weather stripping I added was rubber about 3/8" wide and about 3/8" thick. The floor sample tile I used was the "fake" ceramic tile look. My trailer is in storeage, but I might be able to get some pics this weekend.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #33

Read about this problem a lot!Jayco has to know the fix, bet it is expensive!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:04 PM   #34

I think the best fix would be to not manufacture end bunks. It's basically a big hole they are betting won't leak until after the warranty is up. I know I will never have another.

I also found a different spot mine front is leaking from. I noticed the outside has some delam at the bottom. I haven't gotten around to fixing it because I'm lazy like that. Well it appears that the 'gasket' that goes around the perimeter metal that surrounds the actual fold out part got old and has deteriorated. This is letting water by and it is enough that the wood/glue is falling apart and the water is coming in through the bottom and not the top. So now I NEED to rebuild or buy a new door quicker than imagined and rainy season has started here.
People say the two happiest days of owning a boat were the day they bought it and the day they sold it. I'm thinking this applies to RVs even more. I still miss my boat but could get rid of this thing today and be totally happy.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 10-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #35

So as part of the rebuild process I am going to replace the seal that goes around the two sides and top of the bunk end- this seal is glued to the body of the camper itself I'm having some issues find exactly what I want, mostly because I'm not sure what I want - or need really.
What is currently there is about 1/2' wide and 3/8" tall. I'd like to find something that is 3/4" wide and 1/2" tall. The extra width would go slightly above and outside the door frame when it is closed and the tall (thickness) would hopefully bring back what was there but has been crushed down by 11 years of being closed.
My question is: Do I want something that is (1) closed cell foam (2) neoprene (3) rubber?
Obviously it needs to be waterproof but I wasn't sure if long term exposure to closed cell or neoprene (which may be the same and I don't know it) would allow water to seep through.

This is the one I was looking at: 3/4" x 1/2" Foam Weatherstrip

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 10-24-2018, 06:04 PM   #36

Here is what my local Jayco sold me today for the bunk end seal. Its 3/4 wide and 5/8 tall. I tested it with the hose after I installed it and no leaks. It was 2.50 a foot and i used 34 feet or it.
jwrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #37

Just discovered this same issue on my X17Z. Can you repost the image of the item Jayco sold you? It isn't working in my browser. Also, did you have t strip off the old seal before installing the new one?
Johnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #38

Yea its just stuck on with double sided tape so it will peel right off.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #39

For some reason it's still not showing - I saw it the 1st time it was posted then it disappeared.
I think this is the original seal; go here and search 0502453
https://www.jaycorvparts.com/catalog...015Catalog.pdf

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 11-12-2018, 11:20 PM   #40

That is what you want.