Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #1

Calling all owners of X23E

I am actually an old member here, but for some reason my old login doesn't work, so I re registered.

At any rate, we are in the process of seriously upgrading from our Jayfeather X17Z to the X23E. I would love to hear from owners of this model, pros and cons, and any photos of how you use the interior storage would be greatly appreciated!
g.cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #2

we bought new in 2015 and use it 3 to 4 weeks a season and love every second. Have had no problems with anything abought the x23b.My wife says the storage is plentiful and we always have extra room for things we did not think of lol hope you have the same good luck we have
jimbo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to Tonyzsi
I have the smaller X18D and storage is ok in that. I love the triple bunks when set up! In pics it looks like there is 3X the amount of pantry space I have and there is room under the dining seats and end tables up front that I don't have. There is also an extra door on the driver's side so you have extra storage over me there too. Not sure how big that is, but the outside storage/items are my biggest struggle. There is only the front pass through in my X18D and it does make it challenging as I have to carry a grill, outside table and chair inside my rig when traveling. You will likely be a little better, but the access doors still don't seem that big.
Tonyzsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:19 PM   #4

Pretty much love it !

Went from a 2010 20 E to a 2015 23 B for the extra room. After taking care of the 25 minor problems from the factory we are now very pleased. Still love my tent ends but I do hear from my wife that she gets tired of climbing up in the beds and is having more problems making up the beds. That's because of our age and not the camper. We did buy a couple of mattress toppers which really helped the sleeping. Three years of about 5 trips a season and all is still well. My only change would be to get rid of that uncomfortable jackknife couch and put in a couple of recliners. Eventually we'll graduate to a non hybrid with a walk around bed but for now, still love it.
bigjake392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:04 PM   #5

We have a 2008 23B (and upgrade from a pop-up. We agree that the jack knife couch is not very comfortable, but we mostly use the dining horse shoe for sitting. I made some strength modifications when it is folded down for a bed and put a custom sized 5" foam mattress on top for the wife to sleep on, that way she doesn't have to climb up and down. I like sleeping on the wing and purchased a custom sized 8" foam mattress for that. We use it for 6 full week runs during the summer. Live in Wisconsin, so we get in as much as we can. Fairly light weight, we pull it with a Durango 6 cylinder. For the two of us older folk, it works great.

2008 Jay Feather 23B
Hansoncarla is offline   Reply With Quote