Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2019, 04:08 PM   #1

Ceiling Lights not Working

Had a great week camping in mountains with wife and grandkids. Got home and cleaning out my X17z before putting in storage and ceiling LEDs controlled by switch not working. Every other 12 volt system working, including the 4 push LEDs that are near beds and over the table and sofa. Batteries fully charged and don’t see and blown fuses.

Any ideas?
Leedillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:16 PM   #2

Check for a wire or ground connection coming loose on the way home. Look at the proper fuse and the wire connected to it that runs your lights. Anything else on that fuse, check to see if it is working.

Your lights are probably on a chain with the power going from one on to the next one. You can pop the top off and look for a bad connection there one at a time. Check the one that is out closest to the fuse box but who knows which way the wires run.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #3

You've probably already checked this, and no, I don't think you are an idiot. But putting this out there. I've had times where I've had the switch on, and then my kids or have gone through and pushed the little buttons on the lights to turn them off. If the lights have been turned off this way, they won't operate with the switch.
mtyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:15 PM   #4

Haha. That is exactly what happened. Finally tried the simple approach and the lights worked. When I told my wife what happened she started laughing as one of the grandkids was playing with them and she forgot to tell me.

Never ascribe malice to what my stupidity can explain - anonymous tombstone message
Old 06-29-2019, 08:19 PM   #5

LOL! I'm so glad you figured it out!! This happened on our last trip a week or so ago. I walked into our trailer and wondered why a few (but not all) of our ceiling lights were out... Then decided to experiment with the switch. Kids.... Can't take them anywhere! LOL
mtyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:26 AM   #6

Of course, without the kids, I might not have see this while camping Thanks for the help.