Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #11

I agree on the small tanks, fresh and gray. We do use the camp gound showers when available but when boon docking it is more difficult

geezerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #12

We have a X23B, and preferred it over the X213 because of the slide. That extra foot doesn't seem like much, but makes so much difference. Also, a nice thing about the 23B is that with the slide out pushed out a queen size air mattress fits perfectly on the floor between the couch and cupboards. We had a tornado warning last summer so I put the bunk up and pumped up the air mattress. Although not ideal, it worked out well. The extra counterspace and closet space in the 23B is so nice as well!

weekendwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #13

Another vote (if you will) for the x23b. having the hybrid with the bunks allow for more floor space within the actual trailer. Also have family of 4 with a 9 and 12 year old. So far they are fine with either sharing one bunk or the 9 yo will use the jackknife sofa. Cant say enough about the slide and huge u-dinette. The storage capacity within the trailer was also a deciding factor. We rarely use the table inside the camper so the floor space is huge without it. Also nice to unzip the bunk ends and get a breeze through. We rarely use the a/c. Only in extreme conditions and so far with the bunk end fans it has been fine. For now the x23b suits us well, but as the kids become pre/teenagers and want to bring friends along we know we will be upsizing in the future. Took us forever to make a decision, but glad we went with the x23b and has worked out very well.

2009 Jayco JayFeather x23B
2007 Ford F250 5.4L 4x4 CCSB
sbpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:20 PM   #14

One tip that may not work for everyone, take the dinette table outside and free up floor space. Doing this really opens up our X20E.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #15

We've got a x23 with a 10 & 8 yr old. Love it.

The slide makes a big difference inside.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:33 PM   #16

We are a family of 5 and we have the x213 and we love it.

The reason we went with it, is because we didn't want tent ends. I wanted the comfort of all solid walls.

I was afraid of a damp feeling inside and condensation in the mornings with the tent ends. With the hard walls, that doesn't happen.

I'm also 6'8" tall and I don't fit on the tent ends. They aren't wide enough. The king size bed on the x213 is perfect for me.

Another reason we didn't get the tent ends was because when we bought our trailer we had a 7 month old and we still had planned to have 1 more child. We wanted to be able to be outside by the fire and not have to whisper because we'd wake up the sleeping baby in the tent end. The solid walls give us some noise protection from the somewhat noisy outdoors (ie. birds chirping at 5am).

We have camped in some cold nights with our 213 and only used an electric space heater, we didn't need the furnace because it is decently insulated.

I believe that Jayco makes really good hybrids, but those are the reasons we went with the 213 over a hybrid.

I think everyone is happy with what they buy in the end. It just depends on your needs.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:01 PM   #17

Another thought...those that have the x23b: Do you store it outdoors/uncovered? We've always been able to store our PUP in the garage, and now we'll have to store outside so I'm worried leaks will be more prone around the seals on a hybrid.
memorris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorris01 View Post
Another thought...those that have the x23b: Do you store it outdoors/uncovered? We've always been able to store our PUP in the garage, and now we'll have to store outside so I'm worried leaks will be more prone around the seals on a hybrid.
During the summer our htt sits in the driveway. During the winter, it has a nice dry barn stall.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Ours sits outside...going through it's 2nd winter with us.

I worry more about the roof seals/seams than I do the tent ends.

There's a drip edge above the tent ends. As long as your caulk is in good shape, it's unlikely to leak in storage. I've heard of issues (especial with older HTT) while towing in a driving rain. But we've towed in the driving rain without problems on our 2011.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:12 AM   #20

Quote:
We store our X20E outside. We also stored our previous Kiwi 17a outside. The seals will last many years. I use a UV treatment for plastic and rubber on them twice a year. Our previous hybrid was 10 years old and the seals were still like new.

As Charles said, the roof is more prone to seals drying up than the bunk ends. And that's going to be the case no matter what type of trailer you buy. It's why the manual suggests inspecting all seals twice a year.

Tags
x213 x23b upgradefrompup