Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #11

I am having the same issue with condensation forming under my mattress on a 2015 J-Feather UL X23F. It is so much that it is staining the mattress, has anyone contacted Jayco to see if this is a design issue. I'm gong to Lowes and get some Reflectix insulation and see if it helps. I know if you can get the dew point to be in the insulation and keep the warm air form hitting the cold surface condensation cant form. I will let you know how it works

sklingsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklingsick View Post
I am having the same issue with condensation forming under my mattress on a 2015 J-Feather UL X23F. It is so much that it is staining the mattress, has anyone contacted Jayco to see if this is a design issue. I'm gong to Lowes and get some Reflectix insulation and see if it helps. I know if you can get the dew point to be in the insulation and keep the warm air form hitting the cold surface condensation cant form. I will let you know how it works
Sklingsick, have you tried opening a few windows and vents for the moisture to escape? As mentioned above. Once we learned to do such, we do not get moisture build up under the mattresses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1441492377327.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	20027

Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #13

You know how you could all solve this problem, just stop breathing while in the camper.[/URL][/IMG]
Old 09-13-2015, 04:14 PM   #14

Installed the foam pads last weekend and that seems to have done the trick. The temps outside were around 25 degrees C at night so there was not a lot of change in outside temperature overnight. Big test will be the October trip to Awenda Proincial park for a week! Will let you know.
Hrhsharonnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhsharonnick View Post
Installed the foam pads last weekend and that seems to have done the trick. The temps outside were around 25 degrees C at night so there was not a lot of change in outside temperature overnight. Big test will be the October trip to Awenda Proincial park for a week! Will let you know.
Just curious.. Are you leaving these foam pads in all the time, or do you put them in, only while setting up camp?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:15 PM   #16

Thanks for sharing Hrhsharonnick. Can you send a link to the foam pad you are using?
I also had the same question as Raven.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #17

Condensation

We have had condensation problems in the sleeping areas of our Jayco X20E...so bad at one point that I woke up with water drops falling on me! We have been putting plastic shower curtains under the mattresses which has helped a lot....it seems to act as a moisture barrier to the temperature differential mentioned in another post.

seark19973 is offline   Reply With Quote