Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #11

Ditto glsimms-- I do believe that after a couple day's of rain the extra size of the 19H will be appreciated. if the $ difference is affordable. Larry

Old 12-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #12

I see the axles on the 2014s are 2200 pounds each. Which gives you 4400 pounds of total weight and I assume 600 going on the tongue in order to pull it fully loaded to its max GVWR. Anybody put theirs on a Sherline Tongue Weight scale or are otherwise concerned if you're packing it heavy? I'm pretty sure its a non-issue if you're not going up to the top end of the weights.

s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #13

In regards to the power package , we also have a 19H with the power package and have mixed emotions towards the power awning. As with most owners that use a power awning, I think there is a mutual concern on the how to get the awning closed in the event of a total motor failure.The cable package is a nice feature in the event of a power failure but doesn't help you much if the motor is the problem.That being said we love the fact that it is so easy to use in comparison to a manual version, particularly when the rain and,or wind picks up at night and don't have to venture outside to get the awning in. My wife finds it particularly convenient on girls weekends when such happens. For the toy lover , its the best to just push a button and watch it come out !
[ Have to admit that I have that toy lover gene at times ]
I'm sure you will love your 19H as much as we love ours,with or without the power package.
Alex19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:51 AM   #14

My hybrid came with a strap or something that is supposed to be used to retract the awning in case there is a failure. My biggest concern is if there is a gust of wind that bends the support bars - probably because I saw an awning like this when I picked up my hybrid from the dealer when new.
Former owner - 2013 Jayco X20E
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #15
Site Team

We love our 19h. It's got plenty of space although I'd love a little more storage space.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #16

Does the X19's power awning have a pitch feature? Or does it just open flat and that's the end of it? I do like the way you can pitch the manual awnings so you can sit underneath during the rain w/o fear of getting wet. Or dumped on w/ those auto dump features.
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
Does the X19's power awning have a pitch feature? Or does it just open flat and that's the end of it? I do like the way you can pitch the manual awnings so you can sit underneath during the rain w/o fear of getting wet. Or dumped on w/ those auto dump features.
I do not know if the new ones have a tilt feature, as I have seen some power awnings on much older units that do not allow for pitching. We can pitch ours (2012). When you are at the dealer you can see some detent pins on the awning arms and a series of holes you can adjust the awning to. Our dealer told us not to have it more than three holes difference between the two ends. We have tried a number of different pitch angles, and for me I think we have one end (closest to the door) down one click and the other end (away from the door) down a total of three clicks. With it set up this way, I do not think I have seen the awning every do auto dump. When we had it in the factory position it would auto dump with the lights rains, and it was a shocker if you were outside when it happened, as there was no warning to it dumping. Both my brother and myself have walked under the end once as it auto dumped and got very wet.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #18

Ours (2013) can be pitched, but it's a manual process. It's not difficult, but I haven't used it. I go inside when it rains Also, I'm nervous about trying to retract it when it's pitched because I may forget to loosen the hand-screws. I don't think it would cause damage but I don't want to find out.
Former owner - 2013 Jayco X20E
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
Ours (2013) can be pitched, but it's a manual process. It's not difficult, but I haven't used it. I go inside when it rains Also, I'm nervous about trying to retract it when it's pitched because I may forget to loosen the hand-screws. I don't think it would cause damage but I don't want to find out.
Interesting, we do not have any hand screws on ours. Once it is set, to the angle I liked, we just extend and retract as needed via a push of a button.

Changes are happening all the time so, you may just want to ask your dealer about how the current units pitch.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
We love our 19h. It's got plenty of space although I'd love a little more storage space.
Hey Snake Check out the mods section for making the space between the dinette & the front bunk accessible for mega storage of blankets/ pillows & foldable clothes etc. I try to pack the bulkier items as to not add much to my tongue weight. Larry