Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2019, 07:22 PM   #1

Dealership repair for bunk end canvas

We bought our camper brand new about a year and a half ago. We have had lots of weekends out in our camper, when the dreaded plastic splitting on the plastic seam for the bunk ends where it meets the body of the camper. We take it in for warranty repair on them, no problem the dealer covers it. My problem is that they used the washer (good) but the bad, was that they pinched an extra section of canvas between the washer and the frame. Now I know that this will eventually rip there since the canvas is not meant to be pinched like that. Several months go by and we notice a tear in the canvas where they pinched the canvas. I go into the dealership service and they promptly ordered a new set of bunk end covers. I drop it off and have it replaced. I then get it home only to find out that they did it again. Is it common for dealerships to pinch an extra bit of canvas between the washer and the plastic creating a stress point that will rip out again? I will go out and open the bunk ends and undo the screw a turn or two and release the canvas that's pinched there. I guess its a few thousand dollars to replace the canvas, why would they make the same mistake twice or several times?
Tree Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:24 PM   #2

My guess is the tech hasn't been properly trained in this repair.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:13 PM   #3

It might have been hard to understand what I was trying to say, here's a few pics
The last picture is the damage done again by pinching the canvas between the plastic and the washer. It created another hole
Attached Thumbnails
20190914_081740.jpg   20190914_081745 (1).jpg   20190914_082443.jpg   20190914_082542.jpg  
Tree Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Catcher View Post
It might have been hard to understand what I was trying to say, here's a few pics
The last picture is the damage done again by pinching the canvas between the plastic and the washer. It created another hole
Time to bring it back again...
Zenar is offline   Reply With Quote