Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2015, 07:42 AM   #1

Dewinterizing help

I just picked up my new X23B on Monday, and the unit is winterized. The tech was not very specific, on how to de-winterize it. Is there a youtube, or a tutorial, that someone can suggest, for me to read or watch with pictures if possible, of how to do it correctly? It won't be spring here for a month, so I have some time, before my first camping trip, probably in the driveway.
Thank you kepami03
kepami03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:13 AM   #2

Did you read your owners manual? That be a good place to start..
Skaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #3

When I used the Pink antifreeze, to de-winterize I would hook up to city water. Leave the water heater in by-pass, and open the taps from the furthest point from the water inlet to the closest. Don't forget, the toilet, shower and outside shower.

Then I would fill the water holding tank about 1/4 way and flush out the lines again with the water pump on. When everything is clear, I would reset the water heater bypass to fill up the water heater and test it to insure it's working.

Finally, I would add some bleach to the fresh water and go through the sanitizing process at the same time. Then drain everything (ESPECIALLY the water heater because the lime deposits break off and need to get flushed out).

During all of this checking for leaks.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #4

This is how I DeWinterize my TT.
First I put a bucket under my low point drains under the TT then open both drains and then open all the hot and cold faucets including the outside shower ones. This gets rid of most of the antifreeze in the lines but not all. Then I close all drains and place the fill tube located next to your water pump in this gallon container and then turn the pump on till it builds up pressure. Next I open the cold water faucets one at a time to drain the last bit of antifreeze, then the hot. Then I check the lines at the back of the water heater to make sure there's no pink liquid in any of the lines. If it's all clear then turn off your water pump,( you might need another gallon of water by now) and open a faucet until water stops running.Now before you close up the panel at the back side of the water heater it's time to open the hot water supply line valve and close the bi-pass valve one( hope I said that correctly). Remove that bucket from under your TT put the antifreeze in gallon containers and I take it to the recycle center.
I don't use my fresh water holding tank at all so no need for me to fill it to DeWinterize.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote