Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Hybrids
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2015, 09:52 PM   #1

Does anyone know the overall height of my 16xrb with SIDE mount AC?

Hi All!

My Jayco is offsite so I cannot measure it myself. I know IF I had the rooftop air, the overall height would be 117" with rooftop AC.

I cannot for the life of me find, in any online search, what the height is for the side mount 8,000 btu ac model. I have looked at the Jayco website and various trailer sites online, Googled my question, etc. to no avail.

I am almost ready to have my handy man modify my carport so I can actually park my trailer at my house but need to know the height of the trailer before I commit to that expense.

I guess I could wait until this weekend and go measure it myself but I am feeling impatient and you all know so much.
Thought I'd take a chance and see....Thanks!
Old 04-17-2015, 07:09 AM   #2

I'd safely subtract one foot from the 117' foot, roof mounted AC unit of the 16xrb. I have this roof mounted model, and am sure it is not higher than a foot over the actual roof height; its less than a foot, but I could not tell you right now, as mine is at the storage location as I write this response.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:19 AM   #3

Thanks Bucko - I will just have to measure it myself to be sure since every inch at my carport counts. Happy camping-
Old 04-17-2015, 10:00 PM   #4

I just looked at my new 2015 16XRB parked outside (with side mount A/C). How important will the radio antenna be to you? It sticks up at least a foot above the vent pipe for the toilet, which is the next tallest thing up there, although the skylight for the shower is almost the same height.

I rough measured the outside wall at 103" (by myself, in the dark, so don't make major decisions based on that).

Hope this helps!
Sarah94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:17 AM   #5

Wow! And in the dark even! Nowadays, you won't find so many people willing to go out of their way to help. Kudos to you!

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:53 AM   #6

And by the way, the radio antenna screw at the base can be loosened, and the antenna lowered to be horizontal. I cover my TT when it's in storage, and the upright antenna was going to eventually poke a hole in the cover.
With the antenna in a horizontal position, I still get plenty of radio stations, although the wife and I rarely listen to the radio.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #7

Good to know about the antenna - thanks!
Sarah94 is offline   Reply With Quote