Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2022, 03:58 PM   #1

Drawer Removal

We own a X23B. I am replacing the floor and it will be too tall for the dinette drawer to clear. Does anyone know how to get this drawer out. I have tried everything short of just tearing it apart. It has undermount slides and that is the part that will not clear the new flooring.

Thanks
First Time Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 04:45 PM   #2

If you remove the access panel you might be able to unscrew the drawer face then slide the box out. My dinette drawer rails are just wooden runners screwed to the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
B84DDA75-8086-4304-836F-8FF5CAF9AF28.jpg  
Old 06-03-2022, 04:57 PM   #3

Most drawers I have encountered, these are the ones with the metal sliding channels on each side, have a little black lever release you move to further slide the drawer all the way out. Slide the drawer all the way out and look at the side of each sliding channel for a small black plastic lever looking thing. Push each black side lever thing up or down (try both) and hold while trying to further pull the drawer out.

Disregard this post if your drawers dont have the metal slide channels.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:09 PM   #4

I own a cabinet and woodworking company so I deal with slides most every day. They can be a PITA. you state they are under mounts, so I take it you cannot see them from the side of the drawer. Nearly all manufactures have there releases in different places but believe me there is one somewhere on the slides. There will be a lever or button on underside. I am surprised Jayco used under slides as they are usually the most expensive and most difficult to install and used in higher end cabinetry.
GMC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC70 View Post
I own a cabinet and woodworking company so I deal with slides most every day. They can be a PITA. you state they are under mounts, so I take it you cannot see them from the side of the drawer. Nearly all manufactures have there releases in different places but believe me there is one somewhere on the slides. There will be a lever or button on underside. I am surprised Jayco used under slides as they are usually the most expensive and most difficult to install and used in higher end cabinetry.
These are the runners for my dinette drawer slide out. Their made of a real slippery plastic and that’s it, you can pull that drawer out with one finger
Attached Thumbnails
AD8EB5BC-2DE4-4E2D-8554-047C4C0B2078.jpg  
Old 06-03-2022, 07:21 PM   #6

Thanks, mine slide out you just cannot take it all the way out.
Old 06-03-2022, 07:24 PM   #7

Thanks. I do cabinet work also and have always been able to find the lever to release but this thing is stupid. The drawer face is right on the floor so you cannot see underneath or get your fingers under. Was going to take the drawer front off (most are just screwed on by the handle) but this one is screwed on, nailed on, and to top it off for good measure THEY GLUED IT ON! Only way to remove is to destroy, which is what it is destined for.
Old 06-07-2022, 05:42 PM   #8

I have the same question. I am going to put in laminate flooring and need to remove the drawer first. I am probably going to have to trim the draw face so it will close and open easily. Can't figure out how to disconnect the draw from the guide rails. See pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
20220607_163425.jpg   20220607_163416.jpg  
Ernie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:35 PM   #9

I finally had to cut the drawer out. Looked at the slides and there is no release tab on them at all. They were never going to come out.
I am going to get two totes to put in the space, salvage the drawer front and just use it to cover the opening, by using two clamp type closures.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:04 PM   #10

Now how much would it have cost Jayco to do that the correct way.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:11 PM   #11

I wonder that on a lot of things I have found and corrected. The bunk ends, moving blind walls, steps, cabinets evened up, and of course rotting floors. I know if a true camping person, wanted to design a trailer, it should last.
Love the room and storage but all the extra crap, I could do without.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie85 View Post
I have the same question. I am going to put in laminate flooring and need to remove the drawer first. I am probably going to have to trim the draw face so it will close and open easily. Can't figure out how to disconnect the draw from the guide rails. See pictures.
So I ended up just removing the screws that held it to the floor. Once I got the drawer out I looked it over. There were NO tabs to remove the slides. I ended up just shimming the braces up about .25 inches. The drawer clears the new floor. I have to adjust the drawer latch, but that should be easy.
Ernie85 is offline   Reply With Quote