Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-20-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Centerville
Posts: 3
Electric or Scissor Levelers

Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade the levelers on a hybrid to electric?

If not electric, would scissor lifts be better then whatever you call the kind where a single leg lowers as you turn a crank..

Thanks,
Shay
__________________

blacknoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:50 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Jagiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,114
I have never seen electric stabilizers on a hybrid. Last year I saw a lot if newer hybrids with scissor style stabilizers.

We have the single legged ones and they do their job just fine. If you want to remove shakes and shimmies, add a x choke between the tires.

Please note, these are stabilizers and are not designed for leveling.
__________________

Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Seann45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saskatoon Sask Canada
Posts: 9,701
I would stay as far away from electric stabilizers as I could... I host at NP campgrounds and one of the biggest problems campers there have is the electric stabilizers not working...
Scissor jacks YES go with them.. and if you need power then use an electric drill to run them up and down
__________________
Seann
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
175 days boondocking in 2017
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:15 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
oldmanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,055
Shay...

Welcome to the forum.
__________________
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Eydie (min Schnauzer) Steve RIP (std Poodle)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights '15, 90 nights '16, 70 nights '17 so far)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:26 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dale Hollow Lake Tn/Ky
Posts: 1,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
I would stay as far away from electric stabilizers as I could... I host at NP campgrounds and one of the biggest problems campers there have is the electric stabilizers not working...
Scissor jacks YES go with them.. and if you need power then use an electric drill to run them up and down
X2

Do not recommend "electric" jacks on a TT for a couple reasons. 1] they are expensive 2] they malfunction and are expensive to replace 3] Reg jacks can be powered with an 18v drill. If the drill dies, you get another for a lot less than the cost of one of the electric jacks. OK well more than two reasons, but really don't see the value in something that can be so easily replaced with something just as effective and less costly.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
oldmanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
X2

Do not recommend "electric" jacks on a TT for a couple reasons. 1] they are expensive 2] they malfunction and are expensive to replace 3] Reg jacks can be powered with an 18v drill. If the drill dies, you get another for a lot less than the cost of one of the electric jacks. OK well more than two reasons, but really don't see the value in something that can be so easily replaced with something just as effective and less costly.
What he said. Plus the electric drill can be used for other stuff, too.
__________________
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Eydie (min Schnauzer) Steve RIP (std Poodle)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights '15, 90 nights '16, 70 nights '17 so far)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Centerville
Posts: 3
Thanks everyone! I kinda figured electric would be either too expensive or just not possible. Sounds like scissors is the way to go, just gotta see if my rv shop can do the conversion i guess.

Then i need to buy a camping-only drill..
blacknoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:44 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Tunce the traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bellingham,Wa.
Posts: 4,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknoir View Post
Thanks everyone! I kinda figured electric would be either too expensive or just not possible. Sounds like scissors is the way to go, just gotta see if my rv shop can do the conversion i guess.

Then i need to buy a camping-only drill..
Going to scissors is an easy conversion and it's a DIY job. A drill really isn't necessary to lower them, they just touch the ground so if you have a child over 5 then they have a job.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:19 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Jagiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Going to scissors is an easy conversion and it's a DIY job. A drill really isn't necessary to lower them, they just touch the ground so if you have a child over 5 then they have a job.
Stabilizers have been one of my son's job since day one. He is starting not to like the job. I bet if I gave him a drill, he would go to town and try to lift the HTT.
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:28 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Tunce the traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bellingham,Wa.
Posts: 4,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Stabilizers have been one of my son's job since day one. He is starting not to like the job. I bet if I gave him a drill, he would go to town and try to lift the HTT.
LoL
__________________

__________________
2010 Jayco Hybrid EXP21M
2013 Toureg TDI
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.