Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #1

Question EXP19H Lift kit

Does anyone know of an after market lift kit for the above. It has the torsion style axels so the standard lift kits won'[t work. I know you can get it as an option from the factory so there must be something someware.TX Larry
Old 06-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #2

You will probably not be able to find a "kit". But if you look under your unit you may find a mounting bracket welded to your frame. Then the axle bolted to that bracket.
A welding shop or other steel fab shop may be able to help you. What would be done is with the trailer supported the axles would be removed by removing the mounting bolts. Then the mounting brackets removed from the frame. Then your choice of 2x2 or 2x4 boxed steel would be welded to your frame. Then the brackets would be welded to the box steel and the axles would be reattached.
Or if your axle may be just bolted to your frame Then your choice of 2x2 or 2x4 boxed steel would be bolted to your frame. Then your axle bolted to the box steel. Use the type of bolt and torque recommended by Dexter.

Here is some basic info from Dexter, See the installation sheet for details.

http://www.dexteraxle.com/torflex_axles
2500 HD (coming soon)
Zoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #3

Tx Zoltar, but I have a flat plate welded to my axels, with 4 bolts thru the frame. I wish it was like the info you sent. When I drop my axels the bottom 2 bolt holes of the plate end up below the frame, so then I guess I'll have to weld an top extension to the plate & drill 2 more holes.I was trying to do it without a bunch of welding , but that's not going to happen unless a kit drops out of the sky.Larry