Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #1

Fan for tent ends

Has anyone purchased a fan that can be plugged into the tent end? Do they actually work to help circulate air and keep the tent ends cooler or warmer?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #2

We have the fan/light combo unit. They add a lot of light and do move a fair amount of air. The DW and kid both really like them.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #3

We use the O2COOL 10-inch AC/DC fans in our off-road POPUP camper. These seems to hold up great...

These most definitely help out for us moving air around the tent bed area. The biggest help is with condensation. Not fun waking up in th morning with water dripping on your head haha...

I also use these same O2COOL fans sitting behind my low profile oil-filled electric heater we us alot. There is only two of us camping so I will set up one oil-filled electric heater in the entrance door area and then a second one back in the corner of the unused tent bed. The oil-filled heaters is the most safe electric heater for us with no open flame or red hot cores, doesn't make any noise, and no burnt dust smell. This fan sits perfectly behind the electric heater to provide some heated air movement when you need it...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #4

Roy... I gotta ask, but... With all of the what-nots and doo-dads you have, how many trucks do you need to haul everything when you go camping??? :hihi:
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #5

We had the light/fan combos that plugged in when we had our pop up. When we got the hybrid last year, I immediately bought two off of eBay. We love them. The fan gives a really nice breeze (there are two speeds) and it's nice to have the bunk end light at our end if the kids are sleeping at their end. You can use the light or the fan, or both together.

This is the seller I bought from - by far the best price I found and the shipping (free) was super fast. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Combinati...item2c66d1e69a

Karen, Scott, our daughers (6 and 9), and Finley (Finn) the wonder lab.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X23B
2001 Viking 2485ST pop up
southpaw211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #6

I am sold!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #7

glsimms - Being a tent camper from the 50s and a big time JEEP guy in the 60s-70s in the Arizona high country I guess you just figure out what works best for you haha... I do try to figure the best way to camp back in the woods with what I can find cheap.

Back in the day you would always see me and my JEEP buddies all lined up end to end with our JEEPS and TRAILERS fixing to head for the mountains for a weekend...

Today it is much the same haha...

My Starcraft 14RT off-road trailer with the front 5x8 deck and the truck bed can haul some serious camping supplies... I really doubt I have much more than anyone else but like to have everything I need with me for those PLAN B's that seem to always come up... All my so called do-dads come from AMAZON and Lowes haha... Maybe a few from WALMART.

Since I am entering my early 70s now I guess my camping days are closing in on the end game... Thats what the wife tells me anyway...

If my trailer has all of the modern appliances I am going to use them one way or another.

I got one or two more camping off the grid adventures I want to do up in the Poconos. Havent gone much above MD and up in the NorthEast states.

Never really made it back to the western states much after we left there in the mid 70s. Wichita Falls TX area is about as far west as I have made it camping wise in the more recent times. I was working in the Texas area just before retiring and made a whole bunch of camping trips between VA and TX... About run the wheels off my off-road POPUP camper.

Don't tell me you just jump in your 23B and go way back in the woods without some planning. Everytime I did that that things always got dark on us around 10PM at night. One of my favorite spots here locally is up on the VA/WVA state line in the mountains west of Harrisonburg VA. This ara is all forest service roads near a spot called FLAGPOLE RIDGE. This spot I found to setup at is close to there but you have to cross a rock bed mountain stream to get to it. My off-road POPUP follows my 4X4 truck just fine getting there.

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #8

Roy, I'm not too far behind you buddy as far as in the age category.

Believe me, sometimes I've had to go with Plan B, C, etc.!!

I'm kinda surprised you haven't gone the MH route! I'm may be looking in to it in a few years.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote