Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2021, 02:27 PM   #1
SEM

Few questions after our first trip in a 2016 16XRB

Hi Folks,

So we got out for a few days in our (new to us) 2016 16XRB and have noticed a few issues. Wondering if anyone with experience with a similar unit has any suggestions or can point me to the right area of these forums:

Issues noted and resulting questions:
- I need to replace the kitchen area sink. It has a small crack near the drain and is leaking. I knew this going in but need to source a new one for replacement.

- It looks like there may be a small leak somewhere at the front end. It rained our last day and we noticed a couple drops of water at each corner of the front storage area under the bed at the front. Pulled up the velcro flap that covers the bottom hinge of the pop out and there was some moisture in there and some staining on the back of the vinyl flap. I will try to post a couple of pics of the area we see moisture.

- The valves on both the Grey and Black water valves are very stiff and I don't believe the grey tank drained properly for us. It feels like the cable that runs from the handle back to the valve is stuck in the housing. May just need some lubrication.

- The floor in the main walkthrough area has some flex to it. Is this normal? It's just enough that I don't (didn't) notice it when walking with shoes but with socks it feels softer. I don't know how the floor is constructed in these. Is there an underlay in there or should I commence worrying

Trailer was purchased from a private seller and I have it scheduled in our local shop for a run through to test everything but they are booked until early July so looking at what I can in the mean time.

Cheers!
SEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:39 PM   #2

Spray the tank cables with penetrating oil to free them up and make that part of your routine maintenance to prevent the problem. Prevention is key to never having a problem.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:24 PM   #3
Site Team

Here is an older thread with some info on sinks:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ent-62161.html
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:02 PM   #4

We put a hot pot in our plastic sink and got what we deserved for our carelessness. G flex worked to fix the holes.. Its used on plastic canoes. While you may want to replace the sink this fix will buy you time. It bought us two years and 50,000 miles.

https://www.westsystem.com/specialty...ughened-epoxy/

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:14 PM   #5
SEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
We put a hot pot in our plastic sink and got what we deserved for our carelessness. G flex worked to fix the holes.. Its used on plastic canoes. While you may want to replace the sink this fix will buy you time. It bought us two years and 50,000 miles.

https://www.westsystem.com/specialty...ughened-epoxy/
Will look into that product. It's a small crack so should seal at least for a little while and I like the idea of buying some time.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:19 AM   #6
SEM

We had some rain over the last couple days and there is definitely a leak around the front pop out seal somewhere. I assume that I can just replace the weatherstripping around the platform as a starting point. Any recommendations/tips on that process? Particular material, etc?