Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #1

Finally....a camper owner!!

Hi all! We recently purchased a used 2000 Kiwi 23B. For the most part I think its in pretty good condition but it does need a bit of TLC. Hoping some of you may have some suggestions for me. One side window is cracked and needs replacement. Can this be done at a glass shop or do I need to take it to a service center? From what I understand the rates at service centers are quite high. Next, the canvas is stained. We are considering complete replacement from www.popupparts.com (I think that was the site). The front end has a teenie-tiny hole...but none the less its a hole. It is also stained with a large brown stain. The back end has black dots all over one of the canvas panels. Tried to clean it but was unsucessful. Any thoughts? Lastly, the awning (Carfree) is also stained and the springs are broken. Any suggestions on where to replace the canvas from?

We love the spacious layout of this camper and think it will suit us for several years ahead. Anything you can think of that we should look out for or keep an eye on?

Thanks in advance....any suggestions are appreciated!
peanutsqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:31 AM   #2

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your first camper. You'll enjoy it!

Most glass shops will not replace the glass only in your window. They consider it a "manufactured unit" which means you'll have to replace the whole deal. Check around online for rv salvage dealers and see if you can come up with a relacement which would be cheaper than a new one.

The awning fabric can be ordered by you or through an rv dealer. You might want to look for a replacement roller tube when you are checking around for a window. Just measure yours first.

The little black dots are likely mold. I would hold off on ordering new tent parts for now and use them as is. The reason for this is you may discover the need for more urgent repairs or upgrades first.

Again welcome to the group!

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?u=3163
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote