Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Courtice, Canada
Posts: 47
First Trip 17Z

Travelled only an hour and a half away from home for the first trip (Presquile Park). Sway and leveling worked a treat. No big issues but observed the following. My FW tank showed full for a few days then suddenly went to empty. I put in about 10 gallons and it overflowed, showing full? Glue on the roof, 2 screws holding the shower tub popped out (stripped) had to silicone, the screen door scrapes the door top when opened and closed, annoying and no adjustement. The awning had a "ripple" down the middle when I opened up, think this may be due to the black strap wrapped around that pulls up and down, anyone else seen that?. Also noticed that although she is a 2012 many of the screws outside on the awning and coach are rusting. Finally the sewer hose from the dealer just reached the dump hole... may have to buy a longer one.. all in all agreat trop otherwise. John
__________________

__________________
Xx17Z plus Uplander
jepotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
bertscampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southwestern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 119
The ripple down the centre of the awning is the same as mine. I also think it is due to the black strap. I'm glad things went well. I also bought a rhino hose. You can buy it at Canadian Tire, Walmart or any RV store.

Presquile Park is one of the few Provincial parks we have not visited.

Happy Camping.
__________________

__________________
2011 Chevy Traverse
2011 Jayco x17z
bertscampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 21
Same problem with the water levels on our first trip. we ended up with a list of new items to purchase for the next trip.
__________________
Mark and Lori
Ryan, twins Erika and Connor

2008 23b
2005 Chevy Avalanche
:newbie:
caseymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,236
I also have the wrinkle from the awning strap. I am glad you had a good first trip. Was the trailer level side to side? If it isn't level it can cause the door to be out of alignment and rub. Glue on the roof? Not sure what you mean. There should be caulk on the roof around any openings, but glue??? How long is your sewer hose? I would contact the dealer about the screws rusting. Even though your trailer is a 2012 it may have been built in 2011. My 2010 was built in 2009 and my 1999 was built in 1998.
__________________
No I am NOT retired. I work full time.:D

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 33
I got talked into a sewer hose with a quick connect fitting on the trailer. I highly recommend that you do NOT buy one of those. This weekend the seal on my quick connect fitting failed, leaving me at a campground with a full black water tank and no way to connect my hose to the trailer. The standard fitting will work just fine, and is a lot easier to replace when the CG store doesn't sell your particular brand of sewer hose.
__________________
2011 Jayco X18D
2003 GMC Safari
el.jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Courtice, Canada
Posts: 47
Thanks El. If you decide to go to Presquile, book into the "High Bluffs" area, great views of Lake Ontario, great beaches and clean comfort stations. John
__________________
Xx17Z plus Uplander
jepotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
sunstarsmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jepotts View Post
Travelled only an hour and a half away from home for the first trip (Presquile Park). Sway and leveling worked a treat. No big issues but observed the following. My FW tank showed full for a few days then suddenly went to empty. I put in about 10 gallons and it overflowed, showing full? Glue on the roof, 2 screws holding the shower tub popped out (stripped) had to silicone, the screen door scrapes the door top when opened and closed, annoying and no adjustement. The awning had a "ripple" down the middle when I opened up, think this may be due to the black strap wrapped around that pulls up and down, anyone else seen that?. Also noticed that although she is a 2012 many of the screws outside on the awning and coach are rusting. Finally the sewer hose from the dealer just reached the dump hole... may have to buy a longer one.. all in all agreat trop otherwise. John
We also just finished our first trip out (May long weekend May 18) and at Presquile park and only 1.5 hours away! The only issue we had was the first night I set off the smoke dector when cooking. Upon leaving we waited over an hour at the dumping station. A first for us (tent trailer previous). Our friends were also camping and they walked us thru our first dumping experience. I did come around the side of the trailer yelling "sh#@ters full" (in honour of Xmas Vacation) only to find a ranger standing there. He laughed it off but I think I was a nice shade of red afterwards.
__________________
2011 23B SOLD
2012 JAYFLIGHT 33 RLDS
sunstarsmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Jayco 228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon View Post
We also just finished our first trip out (May long weekend May 18) and at Presquile park and only 1.5 hours away! The only issue we had was the first night I set off the smoke dector when cooking. Upon leaving we waited over an hour at the dumping station. A first for us (tent trailer previous). Our friends were also camping and they walked us thru our first dumping experience. I did come around the side of the trailer yelling "sh#@ters full" (in honour of Xmas Vacation) only to find a ranger standing there. He laughed it off but I think I was a nice shade of red afterwards.
That is very funny!! Here is link in case you have never seen Xmas vacation Made me laugh again watching it. :hihi:

__________________
Jeff
2012 Toyota 4-Runner SR5
2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite 228

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
My rv dealer had us practice furling the awning while drawing the black strap diagonally so that it wouldn't roll up in one place within the awning. I thought this was a little obsessive, but I see now that he knew a thing or two I didn't.
Northside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside View Post
My rv dealer had us practice furling the awning while drawing the black strap diagonally so that it wouldn't roll up in one place within the awning. I thought this was a little obsessive, but I see now that he knew a thing or two I didn't.
One thing about this, though. Don't make the diagonal too excessive. You will lose the strap inside of the awning and have to stand on a ladder, release the awning, and start to unroll it by hand until you can grab the strap.

Don't ask me how I know this.
__________________

SteelRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.