Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2017, 06:55 AM   #1

Floor soft spots near entrance

Bought a 19' hybrid this year. 2009 model. The only flaw I noticed in this otherwise immaculate camper, was soft dips in the floor near the door. I put a thick entry may over it, but I still feel the soft spots when I step in certain spots.
I've considered putting a piece of sheet metal under the thick entry mat- it wouldn't be visible and would add some rigidity.
Do I need to worry about this?
What would you do?
Thanks
Jerzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #2

It will eventually spread but you definitely need to find the cause of it or it WILL spread. I'm i. The process of replacing the front 6' of floor in my x19 and it isn't a lot of fun, but better than the roof!
If the leak is fixed it will spread until the water is thin enough it can't be soaked up anywhere else, and don't count on it drying out. I had mine covered for almost a year and the floor was still wet, very wet.
If the leak isn't fixed the floor will continue to rot and if bad enough the glue will seperatre from the wood/insulation and eventually you will fall through - could take so,e time.
I will be posting up my floor replacement how to once I decide who I will be using to host my pics.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #3

Is it a soft spot or a bump in the floor?

I did some investigation with the soft spot at the door of my '11 19H and discovered it was actually the attachment for the step that was causing a bump under the vinyl. It felt like the floor was sagging, but it's not really. Use a magnet to prove it to yourself if this is a possibility.

I also had the unit pressure tested to ensure there are no leaks in the area.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, soft