Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2018, 06:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUU View Post
Same thing happened to my X23B. Took it back to dealer, they replaced the entire tent. While I was there I went through some of the new units they had on the lot. Out of 5 different units, 3 of them had the same problem. Never been in service, separating on the lot. I would definitely say Jayco has, or had a problem.
Well mine's a 2010 and it was a problem back then.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:42 PM   #22

My 19h is leaking and cracked at center screw. Is there a good sealant as I can even see light coming in?
Riderbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderbig View Post
My 19h is leaking and cracked at center screw. Is there a good sealant as I can even see light coming in?
Yes it is correctable but unfortunately I can't provide you with a picture for at least a week but I'll try and walk you thru it.

Open your tent end but do not put the tent up. Now from the outside stand on the tent end ( with your shoes of of course ) and you'll see where and how the water is coming in. You'll need to cover this area from the left side to the right with white duct tape (White). If you look at that bead there's a flat horizontal frame just above it the full distance and the tape will cover the underside part of the frame and over the tent bead the full length and go around the curve on each end, about a 7' run. My tape has been on that seam for 3 years now and it's still fine but it's only needed on the front end for me.
Hope I explained this properly.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #24

Thank You was gonna fill the area with silicone
Riderbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:00 AM   #25

My 2013 x17z has the same problem. I managed to get Jayco to agree to fix it under warranty. I'm getting it done in a month or two. Still can't get a straight answer about what's being done, though. Obviously I'd prefer full bunk-end replacement, but maybe I'm just greedy
Old 04-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #26

My 2017 x23b has this same problem in all 4 corners. You can see daylight from inside on all 4 spots. It's in the shop now and Jayco denied my warranty claim stating that I tore the canvas by improper usage. The canvas is fine, it's the plastic trim/seal thats breaking apart. My service people told me to call Jayco CS and plead my case. Wish me luck. Anybody have a trusted Jayco warranty rep name and/or phone#?
J. Keaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:36 AM   #27

Add me to the list of people with this problem. Brand new 2018 19H and we brought the bunks down for the first time this weekend. The front facing one is fine, the rear one looks like they just quit somewhere in the middle of doing it. Only one side is screwed in. Going to be a warranty issue per my dealer. Just hope they can get it fixed fast.

Bummer.
jbagnall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:06 AM   #28

I am having this same issue on our 2008 hybrid 23B. We’ve only owned it 2 years. From the outside there’s a spot near the driver side top corner where canvas is pulling down from the bead. It’s been filled before us by silicone. Now that’s stretching apart.

On the inside the plastic bead is split about 4 inches long around the corner.

There’s a piece of wood quarter round molding along the top edge. I think I need to remove the quarter round first.

Can I remove a few screws and rebond that split plastic with any type of epoxy and then rescrew it up with washers? Suggestions welcome as just adding washers at this point seems futile since it’s split so much.

Thanks for suggestions.
Rhizzlebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #29

Camped this weekend for the first time in months. Noticed the same thing on mine. Guess I will talk to the dealer this week.
Attached Thumbnails
20200712_112442.jpg   20200712_112453.jpg  

2018 X23B Jay Feather
2016 Ford F-150 SC Sport 2.7 Eco
CFla Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:58 AM   #30

Same in Mine

I have a 2015 X23B and had the back bunk plastic split. This bunk was changed under warranty. On the last trip we noticed the front is now splitting and it seems to always split where the screws are put in too tight as was noted in another post. I am going to pull out the screw and put a washer like another member said. I may use some clear silicone on the split before I reinstall the screw.

2015 Jayco Jay Feather X23B Hybrid
2014 GMC Savana Van 5.3L
RalphF is offline   Reply With Quote