Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #1

Has anyone added better lightung to the bathroom mirror?

There is lousy lighting above the bathroom mirror in my X17z. I have tried several varieties of stick on lights, but none have really brought good light to the mirror area.

Has anyone added lighting to that area that actually makes a difference? If so, what kind and do you have any pics of how you mounted it?

Thanks in advance!
gaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #2

I too am dissatisfied about the lighting for the mirror. The only lighting is the ceiling light which is behind you when standing in front the mirror. My wife has not complained though so it was not high on my list of upgrades. NW that I am looking to sell the RV it is probably not going to get done. However the next RV I have in mind will have the same issue so I will look not it.

I suspect the easiest solution may be some sort of battery operated LED fixture. Costco sells these often.
Ex. 2010 Jayco Jay Feather Ex-Port 17Z
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #3

I have tried several of the stick on LED lights, and they just haven't given off as much light as I would like to see in that area. Hopefully, someone else has dealt with this and might have some ideas.
gaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #4

Have you considered the LED light strips that many are using outdoors. maybe a strip along the top or bottom or perhaps both sides. Not sure how you would power them though.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #5

We added a wall hung lamp that plugs into the socket in our bedroom. Something similar might work above the vanity if you don't mind tucking the cord out of the way when it is not in use.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote