Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2015, 11:44 AM   #1

Hello all... Looking at 16xrb and questions

I'm looking at a 16xrb today. We'll be trading in our Fleetwood E3, which has been a good camper but we have a newborn and the wife says she wants an actual bathroom now. So, I use the trailer during hunting season to travel some pretty rough forest service roads that can tend to be rutted out and sometimes require a little ground clearance. I can't find a straight answer as to whether a lift kit is availble for this model. Does anyone know?

Also, I have really grown to like the deck on the front of the E3. We don't have a 4wheeler, but we've used it for the generator, firewood, water cans, dog kennel etc. In looking at the 16xrb there's about 2' of trailer tongue on the front where the propane bottle goes. Does anyone know if it would be possible to fabricate a small deck for that area?

Thanks!
Oobray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:12 PM   #2

I have the 16xrb and love it. Storage capacity inside is a little lacking, tho, but better than a pop up (which I graduated from). I haven't heard of a lift kit for the 16xrb but I am sure you know the Jayflight "Baja Edition" is lifted. We have them here in California. Not sure that helps you in Oklahoma. I would defer to others who are waaay more knowledgeable than me regarding loading up the tongue with added weight - I would caution you doing so since doing that could affect towing and/or cause unsatisfactory "issues" - safety and handling.
I have a Yamaha 2000 watt inverter generator I either put in the trailer when underway or in my cargo area of my Jeep. I even put my beach cruiser bike inside the trailer when towing.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:05 AM   #3

I have a 16xrb; I suppose you could move the battery and propane bottle aound enough to build a platform to place the generator onto while camping; not sure I would do it while hauling, as it might place a bit more tongue weight(?) during towing.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote