Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #21
Site Team

I am pretty sure that your problem was a known problem with a lot of owners and they must have just fixed it.

Which is what should have happened.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMM View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought these warranties were like cars and trucks -- if the manufacturer offers a five year (or whatever) warranty, it doesn't matter who owns it before the end of the five years. They gave me zero trouble approving my plastic strip repair, other than taking forever to approve it.
I can say the warranty is not transferable...I had a long talk with jayco about it...my unit is technically used by was never titled or registered they said since I'm the second owner,no warranty on anything, tent ends, roof,nothing...I talked to several people and got the same answer.
But....after that, they did approve new bunk ends through the dealer which is a high volume jayco dealer,so I think that helped.
Tony_Kuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Kuz View Post
But....after that, they did approve new bunk ends through the dealer which is a high volume jayco dealer,so I think that helped.
The dealer is the key 99% of the time.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #24

I agree, the Jayco warranty is technically not transferable. Obviously, Jayco will help a guy out, especially on a known issue, in a lot of cases.

That being said, Jayco acquired Open Range a few years ago, and their 2-year warranty was transferable, at least at the time I last looked. I think there's only maybe one other manufacturer out there with a transferable warranty on their units that I know of? Can't remember who it is right now, but I remember it being notable at the time.

I mean really, it's only 2 years ... IMO no reason it shouldn't be transferable.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:54 PM   #25

Okay, I learned something about warranties, I guess. It's weird, though, because when I initially called my dealer about my bunk end repair, I (apparently mistakenly) said the camper bunk ends were still under warranty. They contacted Jayco and got repair approval. When I dropped it off for the appointment, I said it was a warranty repair and no one blinked. Either my dealer screwed up and didn't know I was the second owner, or they got special dispensation to fix it because it's a known issue, and they just didn't bother correcting me. Either of those are possible.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:05 PM   #26

I will say that this problem is not inevitable. We had our '03 Kiwi 17a for 10 years and never had an issue. Our '13 X20E is over 5 years old and has no issue with the bunk ends.

Quote:
Quick update..
Got a call today from the dealer that jayco agreed to replace both bunk ends under warranty. Even with me being the second owner they apparently agreed without any issue. I can only imagine they know their design has issues that's why they agreed to do it.
But, end result I'm much happier now and satisfied with both jayco and my dealer.
That is awesome! You've found a good dealer that went to bat for you even when they really didn't have to.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I mean really, it's only 2 years ... IMO no reason it shouldn't be transferable.
The third party vendors also come into play, Coleman, Dometic, Attwood Lippert etc. If you look at the paperwork they provide the 2nd yr on their products when used by JAYCO. They only give 1 yr to other brands.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #28

I have 2011 X17C and noticed same on mine (one end). I washed & scrubbed the vinyl recently and purposely squirted hose all around that area, didn’t get a drop of water inside. I am planning on taking it in to my upholstery guy and have them do both ends professionaly so as to prevent further problems. I would either try and have them do it to your satisfaction, or at least get something out of them or tell them see ya later, just a matter if principle for me but I wouldn’t be too concerned mate.
Kiwimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimg View Post
I have 2011 X17C and noticed same on mine (one end). I washed & scrubbed the vinyl recently and purposely squirted hose all around that area, didn’t get a drop of water inside. I am planning on taking it in to my upholstery guy and have them do both ends professionaly so as to prevent further problems. I would either try and have them do it to your satisfaction, or at least get something out of them or tell them see ya later, just a matter if principle for me but I wouldn’t be too concerned mate.
Mine didn't leak either, and I camped in driving rain multiple times over the last year or two. My concern was that it was getting worse. I had a two inch gap in the top corner of the front bunk end, and the back one was cracked in the same spot. It didn't have a gap, but it probably would have eventually.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:00 AM   #30

Yeah mate, as I say preventative is always better/cheaper than repair. Looks like it should be easy enough to get done & better than factory by an upholstery place or yourself.
Kiwimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #31
Site Team

I purchased my never titled rig from a dealers left over inventory. It came with a full 2 year warranty.

I would not own it if the 2 yr warranty was not part of the deal.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 11-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I purchased my never titled rig from a dealers left over inventory. It came with a full 2 year warranty.

I would not own it if the 2 yr warranty was not part of the deal.
Mine was technically purchased and traded in,never registered or titled. Jayco said that counts as ownership to them and no warranty. My price was good and much less than a comparable "new" unit with the warranty. I took a calculated risk.
Happy the bunkends are getting replaced and they are fixing other small things,so I'm good...thinking of getting a 3 year plan from good Sam for a little extra piece of mind, price is pretty cheap,less than 500 and covers big things. I've read all the reviews on it too and am aware of some problems people have had...
Jayco said 4-6 weeks on the bunkends ,seems long. But its basically winter here in MA so all it would do is sit in my driveway..
I'm happy having it sit in dealer storage instead for now..
Old 11-29-2018, 12:25 PM   #33

Quote:
Mine was technically purchased and traded in,never registered or titled. Jayco said that counts as ownership to them and no warranty.
Probably because the dealer sent all the paper work with the first buyer's name on it back to JAYCO as soon as the deal was signed.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:59 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Probably because the dealer sent all the paper work with the first buyer's name on it back to JAYCO as soon as the deal was signed.
Yes. I think your right...jayco had all their info and mine actually showing as second owner.
My dmv made me register it as new because of no title,a requirement here..but jayco still said nope...its considered used to them..
Old 11-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Yes. I think your right...jayco had all their info and mine actually showing as second owner.
My dmv made me register it as new because of no title,a requirement here..but jayco still said nope...its considered used to them..
Thanks, that explains it. Sounds like you got a good deal. Mine was marked way way down and then some more cause the new year models were already coming in.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 12-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I am pretty sure that your problem was a known problem with a lot of owners and they must have just fixed it.

Which is what should have happened.
I should have known my situation was too good to be true. The dealer has had my x17z for six weeks now, so I called to find out what the hell the holdup was. They said the warranty claim was declined. This is despite the fact that it was previously approved! Now, I have to fight with Jayco about it. What's pissing me off nearly as much as that, is that the dealer didn't bother to call me about this.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMM View Post
I should have known my situation was too good to be true. The dealer has had my x17z for six weeks now, so I called to find out what the hell the holdup was. They said the warranty claim was declined. This is despite the fact that it was previously approved! Now, I have to fight with Jayco about it. What's pissing me off nearly as much as that, is that the dealer didn't bother to call me about this.
That stinks...good luck fighting and hopefully the dealer helps you out..I just got a call mine is all set,took about 4 weeks from claim being approved..
Old 12-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #38

Quote:
That stinks...good luck fighting and hopefully the dealer helps you out..I just got a call mine is all set,took about 4 weeks from claim being approved..
Yeah, they're not helping at all. They basically put it back in my lap to fight with Jayco. I'm on hold with them right now.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Happy the bunkends are getting replaced and they are fixing other small things,so I'm good...thinking of getting a 3 year plan from good Sam for a little extra piece of mind, price is pretty cheap,less than 500 and covers big things. .
Are you aware that Good Sam is now owned by Camping World ?
Old 12-18-2018, 05:23 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Are you aware that Good Sam is now owned by Camping World ?
No I wasn't . But does that change their coverage? I'm seriously asking.