Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2016, 07:28 AM   #1

How to clean this on bunk

Hi. Well the 2011 jayco 17z followed me home. One thing I didn't see at the dealer's garage is on the rear bunk. This is looking from the inside. I assume mildew on the top and water stain on the seem. Not currently leaking at all both with beds in and out. I did notice the water 'pools' right by the seam when I was washing the outside top. Best way clean the inside? Thanks!!

Flash828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #2

Many owners report Oxiclean stain remover or 80% bleach and 20% water to clean stains such as those from materials like that.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #3

Thanks. Any issues with bleach on the vinyl? I already used a soft brush when I was cleaning the outside on the top of the bunk. THEN I read the manual that states don't use a brush when cleaning the bunks.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #4

I would recommend being very careful when applying the bleach mixture to anything especially horizontal ceiling surfaces. Perhaps a bowl or bucket to catch any drips.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:56 PM   #5

For the mold/mildew, I've recently used this product with good results http://concrobium.com/en-can/products/concrobium-spray/ It may deal with the water stains too.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:37 AM   #6

Well yesterday went to tackle this. Tried oxiclean per manf first, no luck. Next was the bleach mixture (used a color guard one) which I was very careful when applying. I wiped with a clean wet cloth afterwards. The stains disappeared. Am going to reseal the seams and look to see if I need to retreat the top.

Can you use 303 fabric guard on these Jayco ends?
Old 09-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #7

I have used 303 Fabric Guard on the canvas "window covers" on the tent ends. It is well worth the price gouge up here in the Great White North . I have not used it on the vinyl, though. I am pretty sure that is not recommended.
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote