Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #1

Is a 25E hybrid rare

So I stated in a previous post that I have co-owned this camper (with my dad) for two years after we upgraded from a PUP with my growing family. I found my 2005 Jayco Featherlite Exp 25E at random and had never heard of a Hybrid but the model was exactly what we were looking for to camp comfortably with my mom and dad, my wife and now 2 boys.

I have never seen another 25E and I cannot find a lot of information on this site when I try different search functions to learn about them or see what others with my trailer have done. I actually don't even know what the EXP and the "E" stand for but I have to assume it is floor plan. Is there anyone else on this forum regularly that has one like mine that I can look up and see some of their posts and threads?

I would like to know more about it, the good and the bad. I can tell you that the 23 foot trailer is a very popular one from what I have found.

Can you tell me what you know about my model?
yingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #2

I saw a handful of them on sale on rvtrader.com
Old 10-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #3

Looks exactly like a X23b from what I just looked up. Maybe it was just a model name change.
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #4

Just looked at a youtube video and WOW!! I love the floor plan! Lots of storage, easy access to outside storage and that deep tub/shower is fantatstic! I'm sure you're enjoying it!

What did you want to do with it??
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #5

We just traded in a 2004 25E exp for a 2014 28BHBE. It was a good floor plan for us we just didnt like sleeping on the tip out beds and i wanted a bigger bathroom. We also prefer colder weather camping and wanted solid walls
. We didnt have any problems with it that you wouldnt expect with an older trailer. You can still download the owners manual from the Jayco website.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #6

@glsimms,

We do absolutely love it and we couldn't believe how open it was. The one in the video is exactly like the one we have which I guess is represented by the "E" floor plan??? There is more storage than we know what to do with and my dad seems to think it is necessary to stuff it full of blankets, sleeping bags, and all sorts of stuff. The only complaint that I have about it is that the dinette is a little small. It is tough to sit 4 adults at the table since it sits over the tire well and the table is on the shorter side. Our PUP could seat six at the table but we try to eat outside when we can. I don't really want to make any changes but I like seeing what ideas people have come up with for their specific model and floor plan and never see anything about ours.

I was curious if this particular model had issues since I don't see a lot of them but we don't have any major problems right now, just a few.
yingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #7

I bought a 2005 25e a week ago. This is my first camper and have not seen many posts on here about either. We are making our first camping trip this weekend with it.
Mech784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #8

This camper is almost identical to our 2003 Jayco Kiwi 25E,the same layout just different interior colors. From what I have read they changed the name of the Jayco from Kiwi to JayFeather because of a law suit that the Kiwi brand polish makers had against them.
spud1960 is offline   Reply With Quote