Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #1

Jay Feather 19xud furnace and frig

I am having problems with my 4 year old (bought as a 1 year old model and used 3 years) Jay Feather 19xud. The refrigerator pilot light is going but will not cool with either gas or electricity. The brands are Dometic refrigerator RM2451, atwood furnace,

The trailer is level side to side and front to back. I put on a new propane tank. The stove which is on the same side of the trailer works as the furnace and frig works. The water heater on the other side of the trailer works. I have reset all the circuit breakers in the user access panel.

Now what?
lfcave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #2

I'm not fully understanding. Does your furnace work? When your stove is lit, how does the flame look when one burner is on high? Does the flame stay on full and even?

If the fridge doesn't cool on either gas or electricity the issue is with the fridge not the propane. I'm no expert in RV refrigerators, but someone else will come along that knows a lot more!
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:05 AM   #3

The furnace blower comes on but not the propane flame. No heat.
The stove is nice and even.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:43 AM   #4

I had that issue once, could only get furnace to light if put had over outside exhaust to prevent escape of fumes.....turns out it was my damn propane bottle, if I opened it a little too quickly, would hear a click and get very low flow. Had to disconnect, let it set for a bit, then reattach hose and open very slowly till system pressure normalized. Not sure that would have anything to do with fridge on electric however.
Yamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:19 PM   #5

3 years old is not very old but some regulators will go bad at any time. Will all your range burners come on at the same time and burn brightly with full flames? If not then first, shut off the propane, relight one burner until it goes out to empty the lines and relieve all pressure then very Slowly open the LP bottle valve, slowly! If that brings the cook top flames up to max retry the furnace and fridge. If the fridge won't work on AC or LP then it has a problem. On the fridge, get out and clean the burner , pilot light and inspect the stack for mice and birds or obstructions. You should do that anyway as part of spring opening.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
3 years old is not very old but some regulators will go bad at any time.
That's what I was thinking, hence my questions. My regulator just flaked out last weekend on a trip, and on a cold night. Had to wait until morning to buy a new one. It's the first time I've ever replaced a regulator.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:58 AM   #7

Well, the wind has died down a little today and we could smell gas. I crawled under the camper and tested every connection and hose that I could see with soapy water but didn't find a leak. Turned off the propane and we are going all electric (which means cold showers ) until we get home on Friday. We have an appointment at the dealers on the 16th. Thank heaven that we are only 1 hour from home and not headed to Georgia or New York.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #8

I had the same problem. Took it to my Jayco dealer and they diagnosed a faulty pigtail and gas regulator that caused low gas pressure. This damaged the fridge burner as well. Replacing those three parts corrected the issue and now works like new.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
That's what I was thinking, hence my questions. My regulator just flaked out last weekend on a trip, and on a cold night. Had to wait until morning to buy a new one. It's the first time I've ever replaced a regulator.
Yes... they can go at anytime.. My regulator or pigtails failed my first season on my 2016 Jayflight. Trailer was 2 months old. I couldn't find the leak with soapy water test, but I could smell it. I reconnected and tightened everything and it still had a leak somewhere that I couldn't pin point. My dealer sent me new a new regulator and two new pigtails under warranty. I replaced everything, and all has been well since (july 2016). Since then I keep spare regulator and pigtails handy
Old 05-27-2020, 12:10 PM   #10

The way we're going, we will have an entire trailer of spare parts with us. ; D
When we were in Georgia last year a screw came out of the motor side awning and 1 side fell down. Had to replace the motor side awning arm by the time we got home.

Tags
furnace, refrigerator