Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2017, 12:55 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to SMORFUN
One more thing - our 20XE came with the factory installed 2" lift kit. This made getting in and out with only 1 fold down step very difficult. I had to purchase a 2-stepper and had the dealer install it. Much better access now. Why install a kit to make the unit taller, and not accommodate with an additional step???
SMORFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMORFUN View Post
One more thing - our 20XE came with the factory installed 2" lift kit. This made getting in and out with only 1 fold down step very difficult. I had to purchase a 2-stepper and had the dealer install it. Much better access now. Why install a kit to make the unit taller, and not accommodate with an additional step???
It's unfortunate you have had the few issues you have. I checked my Wheel Covers today and all are still tight so thanks for mentioning that. I have a 2013 and it's been nothing short of great for us. No issues, no loose nuts/bolts/seams/screws etc. I keep looking because it's bound to happen at some point with all the vibrations towing.

Could you post a pic of your HTT? I'd like to see what it looks like with the lift kit. I was told the kit was installed on mine but it sure does seem low to the ground. Is there an easy way to tell? We're used to it now but I'm curious. We purchased a high quality adjustable Camco step to use when the distance from the single step to ground warrants the extra step.

Cheers. Hope you still enjoy the trailer despite the issues you have come across.
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #23

20XE with lift kit

Attached is side photo while hooked up to my Tundra. The way I knew I had the lift kit was by receiving a copy of the factory invoice from the first owner. The main challenge was a very high step, which was especially an issue on sloped sites with drop offs. My teen actually slipped on wet grass while getting off that high first step! I didn't want to haul a separate step around - glad I spent the $230 to get the two-step upgrade. Sold the one-stepper on Craigslist for $30!

The bottom of the camper is about even with the top edge of the wheel - same on yours? Can't quite tell from your pic.

Looked at other campers yesterday. In spite of a few quality issues, it's the right floor plan, right weight, and she's paid for. Nuff said.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0564.jpg  
Old 08-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #24

In terms of the side fenders, they didn't come loose...they vibrated clean through the holes due to having a smallish head on the screw. HD sells a slightly larger diameter screw, has a built in washer on the head that flares out. Note that these are self tapping screws. Remove the factory ones, and replace with the ones I described above with a little loctite on it. You should never have the problem I did. Jayco indicated the part (for a 2014!!) is no longer in production. Note that in the 2-3 years I've had the camper, we've put close to 10,000 mile s on her. It didn't happen in 1 trip!
Old 08-21-2017, 12:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMORFUN View Post

The bottom of the camper is about even with the top edge of the wheel - same on yours? Can't quite tell from your pic.

Looked at other campers yesterday. In spite of a few quality issues, it's the right floor plan, right weight, and she's paid for. Nuff said.
Thanks, Best photo I have offhand is this one. Hard to tell but mine looks like it's sitting lower. My X20E was 1 year old when I purchased it. Dealer told me the lifters were on it..but who knows.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:55 AM   #26

SMORFUN, sorry to hear about your troubles. Like Dagwood ours is a 2013 but we purchased it new. I don't believe it has the lift but it's at least 2 inches higher than our first hybrid, a 2003 Jayco Kiwi 17a.

We really haven't had any issues with ours save for a loose piece of trim around the bathroom door frame and having to adjust the door lock. We hated the original table and legs. We replaced the legs with old style folding legs then shortly after the table got soaked (we use it outside) and swelled up on the edges. I had one made out of cedar. 1/3 the weight and far stronger. I can stand on it and it doesn't flex. It's also pretty much water proof.

We also were disappointed and puzzled by the lack of a drawers so I made my own.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ect-21938.html
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #27

Hey Doc, I just noticed, we have a different Awning.

Was the power Awning an option on these? I just push a button and out she goes. Your's looks like you need to move the Supports manually? Just curious.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:51 AM   #28

Yes, power awning was an option, but we bought ours off the lot and all of the ones on the lot had manual awnings. If I had ordered it I would still have got a manual awning. Less stuff to break and have to spend money on later.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Yes, power awning was an option, but we bought ours off the lot and all of the ones on the lot had manual awnings. If I had ordered it I would still have got a manual awning. Less stuff to break and have to spend money on later.
After clipping a tree last week, I was worried I'd be introduced to the Repair bills on the Awning. I got lucky however, damage was mostly to my ego and a few scratches/dents on the Awning arm beside the door. Phew..