Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2019, 09:28 PM   #1

Jayco 25e hybrid steps

just looking into installing some new steps on the 25e. I know it sits pretty low, and I have everything to lift it the 3" so that will get done after the snow melts. but just curious if anyone has installed the new steps that don't bounce.
I am looking at the MORRYDE STP-2-27-01H. I don't know if I even have the 25-29" vertical height. anyone have any info or have them installed??

thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MORRYDE-STP...F-3:rk:13:pf:0
STEVED26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #2

Morryde has excellent videos on YouTube for ordering and installing. I am looking at them myself.
Tow Vehicle 2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Limited
Cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #3

I have a 25e as well and do see too many of them anywhere. It is really low and I was curious on what your plans are to lift it. Products, cost, process, etc? Cant help with the steps yet and dont want to hijack your thread.

Edit: Found your other thread....
Old 04-16-2019, 10:17 AM   #4

I also have a low trailer and am considering the SolidStep by Lippert to replace the steps on our trailer. They are currently out of stock but was told by a Lippert person that they would become available on May 19th.

https://www.reesehitches.com/product...lidStep,733931
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:09 AM   #5

I had to return the steps because I could not make them work. the camper even with a 3" lift kit was to low for the steps. the threshold was to high and the door would not close. this was the steps I purchased
MORRYDE STP-2-27-01H Fold Up Steps.
26-28in Door
steve
Old 04-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #6

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...25e-61292.html

I had modified the plate design alittle. I took off the extra nub off the bottom that sicario was going to link them together with. I had a steel mfg cut the plates for me and they charged me $35/plate & new hardware cost me $31.45 thru grainger. everything went well for the most part. I had to take a grinder to some of the plates as the existing axel plates were not welded straight, but it went pretty smooth. drilling the new holes was a little tough but 3 drill bits at almost $20 each. I had the camper out last weekend and normally drags going in and out of my driveway but not after the lift kit. let me know if you want the dxf or cad file for the lift kit. I think it was really worth lifting. it also made a big difference with the sewer hookup.. total in parts was approx. $175

steve
Old 04-22-2019, 09:16 AM   #7

garlicdude,
thanks for the link for the steps, I am going to look into them when the become aval. the solid steps looks like it will work for 22-28" rise where the MORRYDE STP-2-27-01H steps only works for 25-29" rise. After my 3" lift kit I am right at about 25". and I was away camping last weekend and my single pull out step is really not enough, so I need to figure something out
thanks