Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2020, 01:23 PM   #1

Jayfeather Sport front wall delamination questions

We have a 2011 Jayfeather Sport that has a front wall delamination problem. The previous owners did not care for the roof as expected. Does anyone know the thickness of the fiberglass backing I need to replace? I was thinking 1/8 inch lauan board, but I don't know for sure. Any advice is welcomed.
Thank you,
Greg R
Greg r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:41 PM   #2

Yes, 1/8 luan. However, it is a big job. How bad is the delam? You see lots of TT's on the road with this issue. As long as you have stopped the leakage, then it may not be worth the effort to repair. Mine has a bit of delam both front and rear, but it is stable and so minimal that only I would notice it.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:36 PM   #3

Jayfeather Delam

Appreciate the reply. Yes, it is s big job, however, even after getting the roof completely re-caulked and sealed last year, the delam has worsened. The repair guy said with the moisture having no way of escape, it will never resolve and may worsen. He was correct. Since estimates were anywhere from $3K to $7K for repair, I had no choice but to take it on. The demolition and prep is complete. I just need to build my wall and bunk base, and reassemble. It's going to end up being a 2 week job for a retired guy.
Thanks!
Greg r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:49 AM   #4

In that case, take LOTS of pictures and post a thread about it here.

There are a few really good DIY threads here on roof and floor repairs, but taking on the front wall will be a great addition and could be a huge assistance to others here. I might need the tips myself one day if the delam worsens much.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:40 AM   #5

Here’s one critical area almost every Hybrid owner misses completely. It the way the front & rear gutters are fastened to the trailer body just above the doors. If you inspect those screws you’ll see that only a few have been installed correctly ( straight) and it’s just metal screw to metal semi contact and that’s where the water just pours in as it’s running down the front and rear of the roof. I added to every screw a SST washer with an “O” ring to keep the water from wicking in and for the ones of you that have a slide also you should inspect every screw when the slide is out
You might have to go to a real hardware store to find these.
Attached Thumbnails
9D7448FD-3BD1-4647-957C-401ABCF59AFB.jpg