Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #1

Leaking kitchen sink

I have a X19H and the kitchen sink began leaking today. I know where the leak is (between the tailpiece from the sink and the p-trap) but it is quite hard to get to as it is behind the piece of wood that forms the back of the spice rack under the front of the sink. I have tried to tighten the slip nut but the piece above it does not seem to seal. Am I missing a washer or something. Anyone else had this problem?

I will try to get a mobile repair done but have to wait until next Monday.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:55 AM   #2

Take that piece of wood out. It is just tacked in with staples. That way you can get in there and see what is going on.

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:28 AM   #3

That did the trick. Thanks, Chuck! I found that the washer had come out, probably when I was trying to fix it when I really couldn't see what I was doing. Many, many thanks!

Old 07-27-2015, 04:50 AM   #4

You're welcome.

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:37 PM   #5
BJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarrin View Post
I have a X19H and the kitchen sink began leaking today. I know where the leak is (between the tailpiece from the sink and the p-trap) but it is quite hard to get to as it is behind the piece of wood that forms the back of the spice rack under the front of the sink. I have tried to tighten the slip nut but the piece above it does not seem to seal. Am I missing a washer or something. Anyone else had this problem?

I will try to get a mobile repair done but have to wait until next Monday.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Just to add to this, our 2014 X19H just got back from having this same repair done under warranty.
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJR View Post
Just to add to this, our 2014 X19H just got back from having this same repair done under warranty.
This is the kind of thing that I think it is easiest to just fix on your own as indicated in these postings. Taking in anything in for repair, even under warranty, is often a pain. How long did it take you to get it fixed? Did you have to leave your rig?

Old 08-12-2015, 10:43 AM   #7
BJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarrin View Post
This is the kind of thing that I think it is easiest to just fix on your own as indicated in these postings. Taking in anything in for repair, even under warranty, is often a pain. How long did it take you to get it fixed? Did you have to leave your rig?
It was about an hour's worth of my time and I have no regrets taking it in under warranty. The camper was tied up for less than a week.

Repair order for mine was slightly different:

"The p-trap under the sink was not properly built and the drain into the p-trap was too short"

I could have fixed it. The idea of taking off the stapled panel and risking damage was not appealing. In hind-sight I know it was a simple p-trap but I didn't know it wasn't a cracked supply line behind the sink or something similar.

The point of my post was for other 2014 X19H owners to be wary of leaks under the sink.
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:31 AM   #8

On our trip last week I found we had a leak under the sink in our X19H as well... and guess what? After wedging my head under the panel to investigate, I found that the leak is between the tail piece and the trap just like you report.

I didn't have the desire or energy to repair on site (c'mon, it's called "vacation" for a reason!) so we chose not to use the sink for the few more days we were out. But guess what I get to do when I get home tonight as we are leaving again on Thursday...
Swardy is offline   Reply With Quote