Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2022, 02:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileySam View Post
Hi,
I just bought my first camping trailer. It's a hybrid 16 XRB and my question is: can I keep the fridge on while on the road (connected to propane)? The previous owner told me not to, but how are you supposed to store your food cold or frozen?
Thanks,
Sam
We’ve always for 50 ++++ (we’re old&#128517years. Traveled with the propane refrigerator on. I don’t know about you, but I like cold drinks, meat, eggs, etc. Turn off while filling your propane tank, then right back on. We’ve gone for a month plus a few days on the propane boondocking, no electricity, ran heater a few nights, still had propane in tank when we got home. Not saying your supposed to, but we always have, so did our parents before us. Just normal for us. Good luck with spoiled food if you don’t. Have fun……..
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 03:09 PM   #22
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollander Mutthaulers View Post
We've got over 50,000 miles on our 2017 16XRB. Refrig is always on. We like ice cream.

We would turn if off where prohibited by law but have not encountered that. We leave it on while fueling but always try to get the first pump on the outside island so the trailer is well away from the pumps.

We love our 16XRB - hope yours brings you lot of good times and great memories.
That's because you haven't gone through a State with a SWAT Team on stby for propane appliance offenders.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 04:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileySam View Post
Hi,
I just bought my first camping trailer. It's a hybrid 16 XRB and my question is: can I keep the fridge on while on the road (connected to propane)? The previous owner told me not to, but how are you supposed to store your food cold or frozen?
Thanks,
Sam
What part of the country and what season are you using this rig? My two way fridge, if cooled down for 12 hours or so before loading it correctly with chilled foods and drinks will keep ice cream solid from North TN to Pensacola in July, without it turned on.