Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cave Creek
Posts: 15
Lift for a 2013 x20e

Hello,

I need to get some additional ground clearance in order to get up and down my driveway.

Since this trailer has Torflex axles, there are no leaf springs to "flip".
Since these Torflex axles are mounted on Norco brackets, Dexter axle does not recommend any of their lift kits to do the job.

Do I have other options? (boy I hope so)

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

David
__________________

DavidAUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 2,057
That's interesting because a lift kit was an option in 2013. Might check directly with Jayco or your dealer. We bought ours off the lot and quite honestly since it sits a lot higher than our old '03 Kiwi, I never asked about the lift kit.
__________________

__________________
Chuck
2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
oldmanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,022
Welcome to the forum, DavidAUM.
__________________
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Eydie (min Schnauzer) Steve RIP (std Poodle)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights '15, 90 nights '16, 70 nights '17 so far)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Dagwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ottawa - Canada Eh
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
That's interesting because a lift kit was an option in 2013. Might check directly with Jayco or your dealer. We bought ours off the lot and quite honestly since it sits a lot higher than our old '03 Kiwi, I never asked about the lift kit.
Mine came with the 2" lift kit or so I was told. I should actually get under there and look. How would I know?

David, where are you hitting? Back bumper, Dump Valves or the front hitch/spare tire?
Oh.. and welcome to JOF.
__________________
Wayne, Kim, Mallory & Abby the Dog
2013 - Jayco Jayfeather - X20E
2012 - Toyota Tacoma DBLCB Sr5 with towing package
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:36 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cave Creek
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
David, where are you hitting? Back bumper, Dump Valves or the front hitch/spare tire?
Oh.. and welcome to JOF.
Thanks for the welcome and reply. I am hitting the dump valve and the metal guard that comes down between the dump valve and the bumper.

I have a wash that cuts across my driveway so there is a low spot with an incline on both sides. Someday I'll go through the trouble of permitting a culvert installation, but that day is not today.

Also, many of the places I want to take the trailer have similar washes that I would want to be able to traverse.

The desert has some amazing places to camp...if you can get there.

Thanks again,

David
DavidAUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:36 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
oldmanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAUM View Post
Hello,

I need to get some additional ground clearance in order to get up and down my driveway.

Since this trailer has Torflex axles, there are no leaf springs to "flip".
Since these Torflex axles are mounted on Norco brackets, Dexter axle does not recommend any of their lift kits to do the job.

Do I have other options? (boy I hope so)

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

David
I seem to remember there was a recall (or something like that) because the trailer tires didn't have adequate clearance between the top of the tires and the trailer wheel well. I don't recall the models or years. You may need to check with Jayco with your VIN# etc. about it to see if your trailer was one of those units.
__________________
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Eydie (min Schnauzer) Steve RIP (std Poodle)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights '15, 90 nights '16, 70 nights '17 so far)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cave Creek
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
I seem to remember there was a recall (or something like that) because the trailer tires didn't have adequate clearance between the top of the tires and the trailer wheel well. I don't recall the models or years. You may need to check with Jayco with your VIN# etc. about it to see if your trailer was one of those units.
Great idea to check - but the only recall listed with nhtsa for the 2013 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite series is one for "Unexpected Unfurling of the Awning"

So far I have had one authorized Jayco dealer tell me the part number they would get to raise this trailer is K71-384-00. But that is just the part number for the Dexter Axle Over/Under Conversion Kit...for a leaf spring flip.

Jayco won't talk to me directly and just pushes me to the dealers. I wonder what the part number or invoice item was for the 2" lift kit that was an option at purchase.

David
DavidAUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:49 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 2,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
Mine came with the 2" lift kit or so I was told. I should actually get under there and look. How would I know?
Don't know that answer to that one. I looked at mine in the past and I don't see anything that looks like an extra bracket, which is what I understand that it is.

Funny thing is, you'd think someone would have a picture out there of what it looks like. Not so, but you can find home made lift mods.
__________________
Chuck
2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Dagwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ottawa - Canada Eh
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAUM View Post
Thanks for the welcome and reply. I am hitting the dump valve and the metal guard that comes down between the dump valve and the bumper.
Bummer. I was going to suggest changing Ball Mounts when parking in your laneway to either lift or lower the back end, but the down side to that is the front may hit then. I'm afraid I don't have an answer for the Dump Valve. Wouldn't it be nice if that entire assembly could screw off and on? LOL...maybe a mod to be made there.
The Bracket is there to save the dump valve from making contact on the ground as well so you have a double whammy.
__________________
Wayne, Kim, Mallory & Abby the Dog
2013 - Jayco Jayfeather - X20E
2012 - Toyota Tacoma DBLCB Sr5 with towing package
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:48 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Great Falls
Posts: 519
Go to a local blacksmith shop, or a utility trailer repair shop, most likely you can get a custom welder to make the lift that you need.

You can also search for a custom trailer manufacturer, they often build their own frames and probably could build a lift.
__________________

__________________

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
axle, lift, x20e

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.