Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2016, 08:30 AM   #21

I used Atsko Silicone Water Guard
http://amzn.to/236kbfa

Kiwi Camp Dry would work too
http://amzn.to/1X30xgC
Old 04-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #22

Nav that seems to me like a band-aid solution, the real solution I think is to properly ventilate and raise the mattress a bit so it can breathe underneath. Cant hurt I guess, but Im wary of chemical solutions who knows what other chemicals could be in that can?
Old 04-01-2016, 07:34 PM   #23

[QUOTE=Pomacanthus;393162]the real solution I think is to properly ventilate and raise the mattress a bit so it can breathe underneath.[/QUOTE

Correct! This is the only thing I've heard of working.

You have to raise the mattress off the door with a product like troutslayer or myself linked to in earlier posts.
Reese SC Weight Distrubition with sway control (12,000lb)
Jhowemca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:19 PM   #24

You spray the bottom of the mattresses with waterproofing spray. I bought mine at Walmart. I still have the condensation, but it doesn't soak into the mattress. We've been living in our new X23F (maiden voyage) in Southern California for 2 1/2 weeks now, and I still don't have the bed moisture thing licked. Tried everything idea on here except the Air Gap Underlayment. I will pick that up tomorrow. My sister, the nurse, thinks we should try those rubberized hospital bed pads, rubber side up, absorbent side down, then I just have to pull them out and hang out to dry every day.

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” G.K. Chesterton
navymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:25 PM   #25

Has anyone tried the Unique Air Gap Underlayment that Jhowemca mentioned above? Home Depot only sells it online, so I can't look at it before buying, and would like to hear some testimonials before spending $72+ for a roll of it.

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” G.K. Chesterton
Old 04-03-2016, 08:05 AM   #26

Waterproofing the mattress is not meant to be a solution. It is simply a method of avoiding mattress damage.

Living in a humid environment as I do (Florida), it is doubtful I'll ever be able to completely tackle this issue; so I do what I can to minimize it and its impact.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #27

Sorry that many of you are having this problem but I have almost 0 issues with the moisture and I spend 4+ months right on the Pacific coast, Astoria, Or. to Pismo Beach, Ca. We're talking mid April-June & Sept.-late Nov. Night time temp in the TT ranges from mid 50s to mid 60s and screens at either corner are opened just an inch or so, bath vent is open just an inch.
I have my sleeping bag on top, then a heated sleeping pad( not ever plugged in) then the standard mattress. Joining me is a 90 lb. Rotweiler and I don't have this problem.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 04-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #28

Has anyone tried the HyperVent Marine product? That stuff looks perfect for this problem. I'm having funky inet issues, so am seeing these posts out of order, so if someone's already posted about Skip's suggested product, I apologize.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by navymommy View Post
Has anyone tried the HyperVent Marine product? That stuff looks perfect for this problem. I'm having funky inet issues, so am seeing these posts out of order, so if someone's already posted about Skip's suggested product, I apologize.
I agree the hypervent looks great.
I just looked at the price tho... Not cheap stuff @$142 shipped for enough for a RV short queen!

The stuff I posted in an earlier post cost $72 for 100 sqft. Kinda expensive but not too bad at $36 a bed.
I think either would work just the same.

You could even screw down (short short screws) the blue stuff to the bed platform so you didn't have to remove and install every time you go camping.

http://www.liveworkdream.com/2013/05...ervent-marine/
Reese SC Weight Distrubition with sway control (12,000lb)
Jhowemca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:48 AM   #30

We have had our unit over two years now and I have not noticed any moisture under the bed area. I am going to have to look closer however, as I have not looked for it. When I have been under the bed storage area, I have not noticed any particular dampness. We will be out tomorrow for the rest of the week at the Georgia State Good Sam Rally in Perry, Ga so I will be looking each day to see if this is a problem. This unit has the Canadian Cold Package on it so we will see what happens. Expecting temperature's in the high 70's so will be running the AC quite a bit. The wife likes the temperature below 72 in the rig so our two AC's get quite a workout here in south Georgia.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:53 AM   #31

Joe, I think this is more of a problem with Hybrids and not your Fifth wheel. Could be wrong though.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #32

We have 6 people in our x23b, and even with the bathroom fan blowing all night, and an open window in each bunk, we still have water dripping off the tent ends, and water under the beds...

Will experiment more this season, but I may have to run a dehumidifier.
Retired - 1996 Coleman Cheyenne Pop-Up
RIP Chloe, a very good dog - 9/15/01-12/02/17

johnsoax is offline   Reply With Quote