Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #1

More Issues

We are currently experiencing a number of different issues from the service department of dealership who sold us our 2013 trailer.

Among other things, we had ordered a new mattress in June to replace a damaged mattress we found when picking up our new trailer. We have not yet received this mattress. According to the dealership they have also ordered new bathroom door (also damaged) so month ago, and we have not heard back about that yet.

Not wanting to leave the trailer at the dealership after it started snowing, I picked up the trailer from the dealership service about a week ago. They were able to complete a few other minor repairs.

I have now noticed wires hanging from the bottom of the trailer. Can anyone tell me what these wires are and are they important? I plan to return the trailer to the dealership in early spring to have the remaining issues addressed and would like to give them an informed explanation.

Quite frankly, I am quite disappointed with the service aspect of our dealership since we seem to be receiving multiple versions of the same story as to why parts of not arrived, and why repairs were not be completed,

Thank you for any help you can provide.
OttawaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #2

More Issues

Just as an additional comments, I am unable to crawl underneath the trailer since I just returned home from surgery yesterday and have limited mobility.
OttawaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #3

Where are you sewer holding tanks? The connections look just like mine for the tank level sensors. They did hang low in my option, I crawled under nether and used a couple zip ties to pull then up a bit.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #4

I agree. It appears to be the wiring for the tank level sensors.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #5

Yep, looks like tank sensor wires. On a new rig, it's probably a good idea to spend a little inspecting the underbody...tying up loose wires, making sure connections are snug, no dangling brake lines, etc. Also makes sense to go around the interior and check screws, switches, etc. Those types of details get overlooked in the final inspection and often shake loose on the first road trip.

Too bad about the delay in getting parts, especially since a mattress and a door are common parts. Should ask the dealer to take a mattress and door off another unit on the lot!
Old 02-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #6

When I bought my 2013 x17z I had quite a few minor issues that I ended up repairing myself rather than drag it back to the dealer. The wires hanging from the bottom of the trailer was one of them. I crawled under there and fixed a couple of poor connections in my opinion, used some wire loom in areas where the wire would chafe, and zip tied up the rest. I also noticed sediment and/or plastic pieces sitting in the clear low point drain line for the fresh water tank. I pulled the hose off the bottom of the tank and put a couple of gallons of fresh water in the system to clean it out. I couldn't believe how much junk came out of the tank, the pieces where to big to flow out the drain valve. Maybe something else to check while your down there.