Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2021, 10:52 AM   #1

Mysterious x17z switches

Hello, I am brand new owner of a x17z and very excited about it! However, I found three switches that I have no idea what they are for. When I picked it up, I asked the dealer and they didn't know and thought they were dummy switches for some type of upgrade.

1) One black switch in on the exterior, far back corner by the door. When facing the door, as if to enter the x17z, it is on the lower left hand side of the door, close to the back corner. It has no markings. When plugged into shore power, I turned it on and didn't hear or see anything.

2) Second black switch is on the interior of the exterior compartment (the one that goes under the couch). The black switch is located on the front wall of the compartment (when you open the exterior compartment door, it is all the way to the right/front of the x17z). When I flip the switch, I don't see or hear anything. The switch has no markings.

3) Third switch is located under the kitchen sink, but above the cabinets. It is has no markings. When I flip it, it turns red but I don't hear anything. The black switch is similar to the one on the master panel for the water pump (i.e. it turns red when switched on).

Any idea what these are for? Thanks!
CO Mtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:55 AM   #2
Zwa

Hello, i have 2020 x17z. the 1st switch by door is the light switch for outside step, mine lights blue. The 2nd switch in storage compartment is the light switch for the 4 blue led lights in front of the trailer. I don't recall switch by sink will look later. Hope this helps. Good luck with your new trailer. Zwa
Zwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:29 AM   #3

Zwa - Thanks! That is a big help. Yes, you are right - those two lights are the outside step lights and the front exterior lights. I didn't see those lights turn on before when I hit the switch.

The switch (that lights up red when switched on) that is below the sink/above the cabinets below the sink and to the right of the electric plug is not on all x17z trailers. I searched various pics of this hybrid and couldn't find any that had this switch. The manual (which is too generic to be much use) doesn't mention it. However, the manual it doesn't mention the other two switches either.
Old 04-28-2021, 10:52 AM   #4
Site Team

Check to see if it turns on the water pump. Many have multiple locations to turn it on.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:13 AM   #5

norty1 - Thanks! I was thinking that it could be the water pump as it looks the same as the water pump switch on the master panel. I wasn't aware that there could be multiple switches for that. That is a good tidbit. I haven't de-winterized it yet but will check for that possibility when I de-winterize it.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:42 PM   #6

Could this last switch be for a heated tank pad? Anyone have a heated tank pad? What does the switch look like? Thanks!
Old 04-29-2021, 09:35 AM   #7

I have attached pics of the mysterious switch below the sink. It lights up when turned on. It is not marked. My unit is in winter storage so can't test anything yet (though will de-winterize next weekend).

An extra water pump switch? Heated tank pad switch? Something else?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20210428_195709.jpg   IMG_20210428_195657.jpg  
Old 04-29-2021, 11:23 AM   #8

tank pads are normally on the main panel where most of the switches are located. I'd guess an additional water pump switch, mostly b/c its right next to the sink. Those are lit since they can be turned on/off from different locations so the light tells you if it is on. Think of a 3 way switch, up and down is not always on/off because the other switch may be used, so the light always tells you if its on or off.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:53 AM   #9

It is sad when a dealer can't tell you what the switches are for.
Gary_LHC_Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:17 AM   #10

De-winterized and took our first camping trip. Went well! However, the mystery switch is still a mystery. I tried it out to see if it was an extra pump switch but it is not. So, maybe the switch is for a heater pad? I don't know - I turn it on, the light turns on and nothing happens. Yeah, I wish the dealer knew!
Old 05-18-2021, 07:55 AM   #11
Zwa

Wow this is certainly a mystery, when you find out what it is , you have to let me know. haha.. enjoy the season. Zwa
Old 05-18-2021, 01:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Mtns View Post
De-winterized and took our first camping trip. Went well! However, the mystery switch is still a mystery. I tried it out to see if it was an extra pump switch but it is not. So, maybe the switch is for a heater pad? I don't know - I turn it on, the light turns on and nothing happens. Yeah, I wish the dealer knew!
Maybe it turns the dishwasher on
BT43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:42 PM   #13

Does your water heater have an electric element as well? Perhaps it is for that?
Navig8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:15 PM   #14

Zwa - Thanks! We have taken it out several times now (recently a 9 day trip around CO). But still haven't figured out the switch.

I now know that it is not an extra water pump switch. When I turn on the water pump from the control panel, I can hear the pump turn on. When I flip the mystery switch, the pump does not turn on. So I can rule that out.

BT43 - Of course, I forgot to check if it turned on the dishwasher! New mystery - where is the dishwasher? I know it is around here somewhere. . .

Navig8r - Yes, the water heater has switches for both gas and electric on the control panel. It could be for the water heater, though since the control panel has an electric switch for that, I am not sure it is for that.

I did notice that there is a sticker on the outside of the x17z that says it has the Glacier package. From what I could find on the internet and Jayco's site, it seems that the Glacier package is for an enclosed underbelly. Thought that maybe the Glacier package could include a heated tank pad as well (and that the switch may go to that) but could not find anything to confirm that.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:00 PM   #15
Zwa

I wonder if you remove the switch and trace it, if it’s really driving you crazy ,maybe it’s not connected at all. Funny stuff..