Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2016, 08:26 PM   #1

Need info from X23F owners please...

Hi, just brought home our new 2015 X23F. Are there any hints to folding up the front bed tent to take up the least room? It was bunched up when we picked it up - "they" had folded it up quickly, and every time I try folding it up, it is so bulky that the mattress in front of it pushes against the TV stand. I know it will eventually wear a hole in the mattress if I don't pack it tighter. Anyone have a secret method?

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” G.K. Chesterton
navymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:20 AM   #2

For starters don't have any pillows or blankets in there, just mattress. We got our 17C 2 years ago and it is a trial and error thing. Practice makes perfect. I use a 3ft piece of broom handle and push the canvas into the middle and make sure it is even and flat, to me that is half the battle getting it even. Good Luck
rabalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:27 AM   #3

We have a 2014 23F and had the same issue we even added 2" of memory foam on the mattress which added more, what I've done is slide the mattress to the door side away of the tv, and we put a towel over the back of the tv to help protect the mattress from the sharp edges of tv stand. Unfortunately we bough our at the end of the year so it was on the dealer lot for some time, so the mattress already had some marks on the bottom. So I'm just trying to prevent them getting any worse. For a year now the sliding to the right and adding a layer of protection has helped. My back up if the mattress gets damaged is to swap it with one of the other beds? Or look at a thicker material to attach to the bottom of the mattress that typically touches the tv stand? I didn't complain about the wear marks because we got a really good deal on the camper which our whole family really loves.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:40 PM   #4

While transferring camping gear from our tent trailer to the HTT today, it occurred to me. I have about 2.5 inches of bare counter in front of the television - tomorrow I'll unbolt the tv frame and move it forward (away from the mattress) about 1.5 " and rebolt. Yay! That much room should save my mattress! I still need to practice folding the bed for the best layout, but this will help lots! I may be slow, but I get there eventually.

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” G.K. Chesterton
navymommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
front bed, pack up, tent