Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #1

Need some help with a quick disconnect propane extension hose

I wonder if any of you have hooked up a low pressure camp stove to the quick disconnect adapter on the 19H camper. I have a stove with a regulator, but I can take the regulator off and use the regulator on the camper and connect to the quick disconnect. But I seem to be having an issue finding an extension hose with the quick disconnect on one end, with the ability to connect to a female 3/8 inch nipple on the stove. ( that is what the stoves regulator is connected to now - I would remove the regulator.)
I need a hose that is say 10 to 12 feet long.
Any suggestions or ideas you might have on how to build this would be great. Thanks!

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:44 AM   #2

Depending on your stove you will need some additional fittings. If CW is not nearby I would suggest Amazon. Camco makes a 10 ft quick connect hose with the two fittings already installed on it then you will need another 1/4 propane quick connect fitting to plumb to the back of your stove. A 3/8" to 1/4" brass reducing union with yellow teflon tape will do it under most conditions.

This will give you the ability to connect into the existing fitting and remove the hose for travel.

There are several threads on this forum with how too's for the various grills out there, i.e. Webber, Camp Chef and Coleman.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #3

Thanks for the info!
I found the hose and the 1/4 quick connect. just need the reducing coupling, and I should be in business.

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote