Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #1

New 17Z

Picked up our 17Z yesterday, company OWASCO Canada, was a bit disorganised, sales person saved the day... but all works well so far.. question our dining seat fabric is different from the back of the dining seat fabric? the pull out bed seat and back are different also ... is this normal?

john
Old 05-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #2

I have a 2012 and they all have the same fab. Sorry but I would contact Jayco directly to see if they will do something if the dealer is that disorganized. Sorry to hear this has happened.
knuts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #3

Congratulations on the new Z. I have a 2010 and my fabric all matches. It would not bother me if they were different. Did you ask the dealer about the difference? Was it in other Jayco trailers that you looked at?

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #4

Sounds kind of strange to me ......do they at least match?
Phar0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #5

2012 17Z here, all fabric matches. I would say a call to Jayco is in order.
Rick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepotts View Post
Picked up our 17Z yesterday, company OWASCO Canada, was a bit disorganised, sales person saved the day... but all works well so far.. question our dining seat fabric is different from the back of the dining seat fabric? the pull out bed seat and back are different also ... is this normal?

john

I think mine is different but I won't be able to tell you till later. Perhaps it depends on what color scheme you have.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #7

I'm sorry to hear you purchased from OWASCO. I live in Bowmanville, not too far from you & when I bought my trailer I visited about 6 different dealers as I was looking at new & used. I found OWASCO to not only be disorganized, but very rude and highly lacking in the customer service dept. I ended up driving 2 hours away to make my purchase.

Here are my 2 OWASCO stories, 1 that happened to me and the other a friend.

My friend went there looking at pop-up trailers. Sales guy was kinda rude and his first question was what is your TV? Legit question, and my friend said 2007 Jeep Wrangler, to which the sales guy rudely said "Jeeps can't tow anything". My friend advised him that the jeep was equipped with a factory tow package and a class IV hitch and the manual stated it could tow 6500lbs, more then enough for a pop-up. The sales guy then told him to go get a proper tow vehicle first and then come back and see him. What an A$$!

Next I go there to get the front stabilizer jacks for my 17z. I walked through the parts area but did not see them so I asked at the counter. The guy at the counter took a look and also could not find them so he went to the garage area and came back with one of the RV techs who was able to locate them. Since the guy behind the counter was unable to answer my questions or locate the product I proceeded to ask the tech a couple things so I knew which parts to buy. That's when the guy who was behind the counter interrupted us and told the tech he had work to do and to go back to the garage. He then told me that if I have anymore questions I would need to book an appointment. I told him that I don't need a service appointment, I just want to purchase some parts and wanted to make sure I was purchasing the correct ones. He told me the techs are paid by the hour so I will have to pay if I want to ask questions. Meanwhile, he was the one who went out to the garage and brought the tech in in the first place. When I asked to speak to the manager, he told me he was the manager! He then proceeded to tell me that if I had bought my trailer from them that he would bend over backwards for me. Maybe Jayco would find this interesting, since they are a dealer of their brand but only want to help out if you purchased from them. Why bother having a parts dept?

I'm ever so glad I did NOT buy my trailer there with such an bad attitude and I will find somewhere else to go for parts and accessories. I wish you luck!
cablerum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #8

I also bought my slightly used 2011 23b from Owasco. I can't say my experience was good or bad. I tracked down the 23B I emailed every dealer I could find from Kingston to Windsor, and they were the only one that had one in stock. I am the type of person that has to visually see something in person. They emailed me back within 30 mins. I set up an appointment to view it that night in the wet snow. I found the saleman just okay. He did not go out of his way at all to make the sale (guess he figured it was a sure thing). I phoned him back a few days later and left a deposit. During the financing I asked the salesman for a price for the equilizer hitch and sway bar. He never got back to me, but when we went to sign the papers it had been added to the final price as well as the warranty that I asked for a price. I was a little annoyed that it was assumed that we would be buying this. Anyways we picked up the trailer on sat april 28 when we arrived there was line of trailers waiting for pickup. I felt like we were rushed thru the PDI and being first time buyers of a travel trailer ( had 8ft basic tent trailer) we had alot of ?. They did answer them but again they could not get us out fast enough. After bringing it home and opening up the tent beds we discovered some pin size holes in the tent bed ends. The salesmen did send a follow up email asking how our drive home went. I told him that it was great etc and about the pin holes. I think he only read half the email as his response was glad all went well and if you have any questions give me a call. I did ask him a ?. I did not expect them to fix the pin holes but maybe a bottle of sealent in good faith would of been a nice gester.

So CABLERUM - they dont bend over backwards even when you do purchase your TT from them. (we live in Oshawa)

JEPOTTS - when I was searcing on youtube I came across so many different patterns with the jayco trailers, some couches were totally one colour, while others matched the dinette etc. It might be the colour scheme of the trailer. But for piece of mind I would contact Jayco
sunstarsmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #9

All stories I hear about OAWSCO seem to be along the same lines, never 100% good. Some not so bad, some worse then others & some completely unacceptable. It's a wonder they stay in business. It seems that they are somewhat helpful until they capture your money, after that you're no longer of any value to them.

As said above, I would contact Jayco directly regarding your concern as trying to get that answer from OWASCO would be like waiting for an answer from the moon.

Jayco has a section on their website to ask them a question and they usually respond in about a day or so.
cablerum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #10

Thanks for all your input guys, I emailed Jayco with my VIN they got back immediatly and confirmed that the unit was built with the "chocolate" selection including different fabrics... the good news is that my wife likes it as it is. Thanks again....

John
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #11

Same kind of experience with Owasco. They had a difficult time installing the 7 pin on my Odyssey and attached it below the trailer hitch with a simple piece of angled sheet metal. Since this was about 4 inches from the ground, any driveway or incline caused the plug to bend up and eventually shredded the wiring. I installed a horizontal flush housing from hitch city myself so that the 7 pin plug was flush with the hitch. No more bending up. I thought they might have done that from the beginning since they are the experts. Some minor scratches on the inside of the trailer and a poor job of weather stripping for the screen door were my other complaints. The sales rep was helpful on a couple of occasions but you rarely get them on the first call.
Kaidzord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #12

if the wife likes it, then all is well!
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #13

Really interesting, my 2012 has same fabric on sofa and dinette, different fabric for beds, but it's all complimentary. I thought this was intentional actually, and as an artist, I kind of like it. And yes, like yours, mine is the "chocolate" combo.

Now that I have had it for a few months it feels a little dark,and I might have to make new covers for the sofa and dinette, just to lighten it all up.
gaylec is offline   Reply With Quote