Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2016, 07:08 AM   #1

New 19h general questions

I'm picking up my 2016 19h next week!! I have a couple questions..
We don't have power where I camp I've already picked up 2 Yamaha 2000 for the ac, most of the time I won't need them. The camper will stay out there, we plan to camp almost every Saturday and I'm planing on installing a 100 watt solar panel with 2- 6 volt batteries. I was wondering if this will be enough to maintain the trailer or should I do a 200 watt panel? On average I won't be using a lot of power mainly for the water(toilet) and lights. And I would like to be able to leave the fridge on all the time, how long should I get out of 2 30lb propane tanks and would the 100 amp solar panel be enough to maintain a charge and keep the minut electronics going during the week? FYI we cook on the fire or the charcoal weber so the only thing using the propane would be the fridge and occasional water heater. Thanks ahead of time for any advice!
Irks73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:08 PM   #2

I am not a solar guy. But 2-#30 used just for fridge and water heater I would guess most of the season. Someone else will pop in here too.
rabalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabalin View Post
I am not a solar guy. But 2-#30 used just for fridge and water heater I would guess most of the season. Someone else will pop in here too.
I'm new so I don't know, will the propane really last for months on 60# of propane? That seems like a long time.
tharasym is offline   Reply With Quote