Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #1

New 2018 X23B-what extras come with it?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just put down a deposit on a new 2018 X23B. Not sure why it's still on the lot, but haven't been able to look at it until this coming Saturday. I will do a thorough visual inspection but will have to come back the following weekend to do the final walk-through and demo and to actually take it home. As such, I have a few questions:

1) What does a new X23B come with? For instance, do they come with the little portable light/fan combo for the tent ends like some pop ups do? Does it come with separate bracket for the outdoor TV mount? Does it come with an outdoor little table that attaches to the side mount? Any hoses or cables other than the 30A cord? Mine comes optioned with the LED TV, but not the outdoor grill. Just trying to make sure I get all the odds and ends I'm supposed to.

2) Is it normal to wait to pay the final balance until the final inspection and walkthrough is over? Sales guy wants me to pay this weekend, then do the function check/walkthrough the following weekend when I pick it up. This doesn't sound right to me, just wondered what other people's advice/experience is.

3) What additional things are normal for a dealer to throw in? One or two batteries? A sewer hose? GC to their parts store? Again, just want to make sure I ask all the right questions.

Thank you very much for any responses, I've really enjoyed reading other posts during my last few years of research and shopping.

Chris
Fourkids&abeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:01 PM   #2

#1, easy answer nothing extra comes with. The fans you can buy, I think I paid about $25 each for mine. Outside TV mount, nope, but you could add one, they are pretty cooling looking. Your inside table can be brought outside, just don't let it sit in the rain as it is particle board. Often dealer through in a 5 gallon bucket with a water and sewer hose, maybe a pressure regulator, some RV TP, and a starter pack of toilet chemicals, but this varies from dealer to dealer. Some Dealers will give a voucher to their store, most I have heard is $100 voucher.

#2, it seams like all the RV dealers want you to pay first then do your walk through. I think they are afraid if you see a little issue, you will say you want a different one. THEY ALL have some type of issues out of the factory , they are all hand made, by people and not robots. What I would insist on, having the roof inspected, as the caulking per Jayco needs to be inspected every 6 months, as it usually starts to fail after a few years. Best thing to due is install Eternabond over all the caulking. Maybe even try to get the dealer to through it in.

#3, They do install 1 dual purpose marine battery, nothing fancy at all. Not even a true deep cycle battery. This battery is required to meet DOT regulations for the emergency brakes on the TT, incase of a break-away. I have also always seen the propane tanks filled.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:42 PM   #3

Thanks, Jagiven.
Everything went as you predicted except I won’t have to pay the remainder of the balance until I show up to pick it up. They did offer a $100 in their parts store, one battery, two full bottles of propane.

I got to comb over it today and found a few minor things as expected, but overall was very impressed with the fit and finish and build quality. Can’t wait to pick her up next week and do a shakedown check!

Thanks again!
Fourkids&abeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:51 AM   #4

You will like it, and you will upgrade the mattress after the first trip! We are trading in our x23B because of our camping style no fault of the trailer.
eodcoduto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #5

I would say it depends on the size of the TT and how good of a deal you're getting. Our 2018 16XRB (bought new) came with the outdoor TV mount, but no indoor TV mount. We purchased the small fan/lights for both bunks (not expensive). The dealer threw in a $200 gift card, which bought me the sewer hose setup and 90, surge protector, water hose, filter, etc. Your best bet if to try to talk them into throwing in a store credit because then you should be able to buy the majority of your starter items.
adamdsgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #6

We have the X20E, no longer made but it is a smaller version of the X23B. You really don't get anything extra beyond what's in the installed packages. Only what the dealer offers, $100 is not bad. We buy most of our accessories and parts on Amazon.

We kept the bunk lights from our old hybrid. The dealer actually suggested I do so as our X20E did not come with them. Jayco stopped including them sometime in the late 2000s.

We take our table outside. It got ruined the first summer we had it, it was in a heavy downpour. The edges swelled up. I had a new table made and replaced that awful contraption they pass of as legs. Look at post #6 in this thread to see what I did.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #7

Welcome from Ohio! We had a 2107 X23B, and enjoyed it. Decided to go with a little bigger trailer after a couple years. You will enjoy it. Happy Travels!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, new purchase, x23b