Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrck46 View Post
I would agree with Sundancer330and walk away from this TT
The only reason that the seller is telling you that it is normal is to get rid of his lemon.
Take the time and call Jayco to see what they have to say Also talk to a dealer and get his input.

The floors in the Jayco hybrids are bonded together and should be of the same firmness through out the whole floor. Soft spots indicate a water or moisture problem

Numerous people have posted this issue. I continue to have the soft floor. I believe it has been pretty well documented that the Jayco Ultralights have had a string of sub-par sandwich laminate flooring that they have actually acknowledged and gone back and fixed to make a solid floor. Mine remains soft, but there is no water damage or anything else wrong with my camper. I wouldn't let it deter you too much from buying it. Just my two cents. This is the trade-offr of light-weight trailers I think; at least in the Jayco line.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Numerous people have posted this issue. I continue to have the soft floor. I believe it has been pretty well documented that the Jayco Ultralights have had a string of sub-par sandwich laminate flooring that they have actually acknowledged and gone back and fixed to make a solid floor. Mine remains soft, but there is no water damage or anything else wrong with my camper. I wouldn't let it deter you too much from buying it. Just my two cents. This is the trade-offr of light-weight trailers I think; at least in the Jayco line.
Its nice that they determined they made a bad decision on constructing a light weight floor that is faulty. If it is soft and flexes its like bending a paper clip back and forth until it breaks, as the floor keeps flexing one day it will break through. I would not want to be on the selling end trying to explain this to a buyer, sounds like a used car salesmans line of crap. I would stay away from any trailer with this type of floor construction.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #83

Well, I can tell you my next camper won't be a Jayco brand. I like my Jayco, but I think there's other manufacturers out there with better quality.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #84

In the last two model years, did Jayco make improvements to the Jay Feather/Ultra Light flooring?
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #85
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraWhite View Post
Hi there - we are looking at purchasing a 2015 Jay Feather x254 but are concerned with the floor. The floor really flexes when you come in the door, when you walk into the bathroom, when you walk in front of the stove you feel a solid ridge, then you walk in front of the sink and you dip back down again. When I look under the trailer you can see it flex when the person stands in certain areas. When I asked about this the people selling the trailer said that Jayco has said this is normal because the trailer is light because they use a very light flooring. I can't see this as being normal - the trailer is only 2 years old. Does anybody own a J feather with this type of flooring who has found that it flexes?
As others have noted do not buy it, could be a big nightmare in the making. Personally I would rather have a trailer that weighed a few more hundred pounds and had a plywood floor with wooden joists underneath.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:12 PM   #86

Looking at the standard specs for 2016-17 the floor is still a vacuum bonded laminate so it doesn't look as anything has changed.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Looking at the standard specs for 2016-17 the floor is still a vacuum bonded laminate so it doesn't look as anything has changed.
Yes, still laminated, but I wonder if they changed the materials or added better structural support for the floor.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #88

If they add more support there goes some of the weight savings, they may as well go back to an all wood floor.