Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #1

New x18d waiting to make memories

After months of researching Jayco campers and getting the 4runner tv safe and ready to handle the weight my family and I (2 boys,age 6 and 4 and the wife) got our 2012 x18d today. I joined this owners forum some time ago and would read all the great threads to help me decide jayco was the right choice.

I grew up camping with my family and friends, and now we're back in the game. I look forward sharing experiences about my x18d as well as asking for help to get the best use out of the camper.Click image for larger version

Name:	jayco camper 001.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	2051

Click image for larger version

Name:	jayco camper 003.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	2052
saintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #2

Hey Saintsfan - welcome to the forum! Looks like you guys are going to have some fun!

Don't be a lurker -- jump on in and ask away or just tell us how your first trip goes!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #3

Congrats! We are loving our x18d, it's a great camper and will serve you well
Old 10-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #4

Congratulations! We just got ours and have camped several times and only love it more and more each time!

Enjoy!

Kim in Phoenix

2008 CHEV SILVERADO Crew Cab LT
2012 Jayco X18D
PhxKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #5

Welcome back SaintsFan! Nice pick of your shiny new set-up at the dealer, BUT, I really think that same shiny set-up looks even better in Camp Driveway Where will/did you go for the maiden voyage?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #6

first trip

First trip in our new x18d will be my families Thanksgiving gathering on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain. For the past 45 years several campers have come together to spent the annual holiday week under the oak trees in this beautiful park. Back then the campground was half empty, and we would park the 10-12 trailers in a big circle with the fire in the middle. With some extended family and friends driving up for the day, one year we had 70 people sit to eat, with everyone cooking and bringing different types of food.
I just turned 50 years old and have no memory of having Thanksgiving dinner inside of a house. In fact as a child I enjoyed Thanksgiving more than Christmas because the holiday trip lasted a week. As my friends and I grew into teens we would have our own camp site w/tents and our own camp fire away from the "old folks."
Now the 3rd and 4th generation have tents and I am fast becoming one of the old folks.
This is what I want to pass on to my boys.

Kirk
saintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:44 AM   #7

Congrats! good looking set up!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
First trip in our new x18d will be my families Thanksgiving gathering on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain. For the past 45 years several campers have come together to spent the annual holiday week under the oak trees in this beautiful park. Back then the campground was half empty, and we would park the 10-12 trailers in a big circle with the fire in the middle. With some extended family and friends driving up for the day, one year we had 70 people sit to eat, with everyone cooking and bringing different types of food.
I just turned 50 years old and have no memory of having Thanksgiving dinner inside of a house. In fact as a child I enjoyed Thanksgiving more than Christmas because the holiday trip lasted a week. As my friends and I grew into teens we would have our own camp site w/tents and our own camp fire away from the "old folks."
Now the 3rd and 4th generation have tents and I am fast becoming one of the old folks.
This is what I want to pass on to my boys.

Kirk
This just sounds heavenly. Would love to do this with my family except they don't camp. Hope we can do this with our boys at some point, though. How fabulous. And living here in AZ makes it entirely possible.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim

2008 CHEV SILVERADO Crew Cab LT
2012 Jayco X18D
PhxKim is offline   Reply With Quote