Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2019, 06:06 PM   #1

Newbie questions

Hey guys! Thanks for letting me join. Newbie here. I’m upgrading from a pop up and am picking up my trailer in a week from the dealer. It’s a 2019 x23e. I have a couple of questions. I hope this hasn’t been beaten to death but a search didn’t reveal any topics matching this

1) I have found an awesome hybrid specific PDI checklist. Would love further tips on PDI. Is there a good you tube video you would recommend or things you wish you did when you picked up yours?

2) if you have the same model, could you please tell me the dimensions of the cabinets next to the refrigerator? I found some sliding racks/baskets on sale that would be perfect for that spot and need to check the measurements.

3) I’m sure I will have a bunch more questions so please bear with me

TIA!
Attached Thumbnails
B6F1EFAC-5C1C-42A6-9261-B8C729CC217F.jpeg   AC105614-3FB2-47C2-9055-5072DAD35A18.jpg  
Leningradka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #2

Congratulations on your new trailer and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western NY State!

Congratulations on the upgrade and the new Jayco! I'm sure there's a bunch of videos on YouTube that will be beneficial, on a myriad of topics, But personally I'm not aware of any to point you toward. You are entitled to a one on one PDI from the dealer, when you go to pick it up. We did, and it was about 2 hours long. They should go over all the appliances, mechanics, and features it has to offer. And it should be a free service for your patronage of them.

My advice to anyone buying a new and different unit, is to take a legal pad, and pen. Write down the pertinent info about everything they show you. Recording your own videos on your phone can be helpful in the future, also.

Here's the biggy! ASK QUESTIONS if there's something you don't quite understand. Don't be afraid to ask multiple times until it's clear enough for you. You've paid a lot of money for the new X23E, and it's your right to be confidant how to use it.

And, feel free to ask anything, here on the Forum, We've all been newbies, and we're all here to help you. I may not know about your specific TT, but there will be those who do! Happy camping!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:35 PM   #4

My family used our x19h for the first season this year. Here are some things that I have on my "to be serviced list" that I've noticed:

Bluetooth doesn't work on radio
Roof sagging near dining table
Bathroom countertop coming apart in the corner
The front bunk is “wavy” by the seal - maybe that’s what is allowing water in?
Furnace keeps shutting off.

The other thing that I immediately fixed was the bunk end seals. Search for that and you'll find a ton of posts on what that's all about. It's like they just forgot to screw in one side completely, and the dealer said he found out that all of them on their lot we're like that and had to be corrected!

I've done a whole slew of other mods. I'll have to make a thread one day. But those are some of the things that I'd look out for as part of the PDI!
Old 09-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #5

Thank you!
Leningradka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #6

This is what I wished I had done. We went in the afternoon, I wished I had gone before lunch. Then once the PDI was finished but NOT SIGNED, we should have gone to lunch then came back and went through it without the guy explaining everything and looked at it on our own.

In retrospect we missed some important information like the exact sequence of draining and filling the the hot water heater and whole water system.

Also, slowly looking around with no one to press us on to the next item could have given us time to pick up on some deficiencies.

My feeling is the sales staff don't want you catch anything they can get by you. Just get you out the door and cash your check.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #7
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Jayco.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:23 AM   #8

Welcome from Wisconsin and enjoy your new Jayco!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:03 AM   #9

The bunk ends are the weak spots in hybrids. If you're lucky, you've had some decent rain before your PDI and you can look for water. When a bunk end is opened, look at the cloth area under the mattress where it hinges. If it has been leaking the water will pool there.

When you close the ends up, it's important to smooth out the canvas as much as possible so there is nothing pushing against the boards which will compromise the seals.

You'll also want to check the area where the canvas meets the trailer--especially the curved areas at the top. You'll be able to see from the inside if it's starting to pull away; mine did but it took several years and was pretty easy to fix.

You're going to love your hybrid. If you dry camp on a warm night, think of all the people in the hard side trailers with the little windows roasting to death!
Old 09-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #10

Not sure this is right place to ask but... we got to camp site with new camper and ran cable scan for tv. Some channels did not come in at all and the ones that did were not clear picture. I just thought hookup at camp was bad. But at next camp we are having same problem. Any ideas?
Charlie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie G View Post
Not sure this is right place to ask but... we got to camp site with new camper and ran cable scan for tv. Some channels did not come in at all and the ones that did were not clear picture. I just thought hookup at camp was bad. But at next camp we are having same problem. Any ideas?
Probably better that you start your own thread in either Tech Talk or General Chat. Just go to that forum and click the "New Thread" button. You'll get better response in a general forum, and even if you are in a Hybrid, the cable and antenna systems work the same in almost all RV's.

Not clear to me if you are using the CG cable hookup or the rooftop antenna. First make sure that you have the cable jumpers correct for the source you are using.

If you are using the rooftop antenna, then you should also switch on the booster if present. If on CG cable, make sure the booster is off.

Raise the antenna, and aim it towards where you "think" the best signal will come from. Sometimes it is trial and error of aiming and scanning. I usually try it at all 4 points of the compass, as you never really know where the antennas are located and you may get surprising results.

The above is for a fairly standard manual Winegard antenna found in smaller HTT trailers, there are more modern omni-directional antennae, these are probably much easier to setup.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote