Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2019, 09:19 PM   #21

Go to auto place like autozone and buy a 30 amp plug in circuit breaker that plugs into the fuseholder
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate View Post
Any insight as to why the fuse popped?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBinAZ View Post
No Idea. I bought used from a dealer in Mar. During the walkthrough everything was plugged in. I dont think we tried the 12v system. As far as I know it has been popped since I bought it. I don't have an electric jack, so that's not it.
if the jack has been extended too far, then trying to move the jack back into position will draw more amps then normal operation. This would cause the fuse to pop.

No electric jack, then it's hard to tell why, perhaps it has always been popped. Let's hope it doesnt happen again, but if it does, you'll know the where to look!
Old 07-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #23

+1 to getting in there and replacing it with a circuit breaker. Those 30A fuses are known to blow for any number of reasons. Being that yours is in such an inconvenient place, I would go ahead and put an auto-reset breaker in there so if it happens again, you don't have to fish your arm in there and replace another fuse.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBinAZ View Post
Success Oh my. For something that seems to be a chronic problem they sure put it in a horrible of a spot. I looked deeper under that dinette seat and back around the corner in a spot that I needed a flashlight and could only get one hand into. I got it. Half that space under the dinette is storage, the other half is water heater and wires/hoses. Its effectively behind the storage. I probably could have remove the panel but i realized I could skillfully squeeze my hand in there, remove the fuse and with even more dexterity I was able to replace the fuse and the cap with only one hand....and now I have 12v power! Now I am off to the wally world to buy them out of 30a fuses.

Thanks everyone, Especially, Twin Hauler.
Thanks so much for your detail I NEVER would have found mine in that spot under all those wires.
mobilelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote