Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #1

One week old!

Well we have had the 23J home for about a week now and have tried out most everything except for filling and. Emptying tanks and such. Only a few issues. One tire is losing air ( have. To check if that's covered by warrenty). One small spot of water on floor by rear bed (everything else dry so not a clue of source, but it did rain although bed end was not put out)' and one electric outlet seems to be blowing a fuse. Have not slept in it yet, waiting for better weather
Phar0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #2

To find the leak in the tire, pour some soapy water over it and look for bubbles. You may need to move the trailer to find the leak. I would be concerned about the water and the fuse. Is there a vent near the leak? Could someone have spilled something in the camper? If you don't find a reason for the leak, I would contact the dealer ASAP. Is the outlet 12 volt or 120 volt? Is the outlet on the ground fault circuit? My 120AC power has circuit breakers, not fuses.

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #3

120ground fault circuit. We made coffe with a plug in perk and it worked fine, the went to make another pot that evening and it ripped the circuit. We will keep an eye on the water on the floor issue ( next time it rains) . Thanks for your suggestions always good to get some feedback from others.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #4

I had water on the rear floor of my 2010 17c and took it back for warranty it tookl them 3 hrs to locate the leak and it ended up being the lh tail light was leaking,could only find the leak when the nose was down lower and the water would run forward.
nens78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #5

Thanks for that, will keep an eye on that possibility. We did change the level and since then there has been no pools of water!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #6

Most hybrids have a track along the bunk end doors that is meant to drain water around the door and out the bottom if any rain gets past the seal. We learned that if the trailer was at a wrong angle then a bit of water can come in. It's a good idea to open the bunk end up and take a good look at the track.. We did this and we're much more aware of where the tent fabric etc. was sitting. Of course your water could be something else.. But thought I would share this info with you anyway.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #7

Go camping already! I can't wait for my oldest to end baseball season so we can go before it gets to HOT!